Moab Dirtbag Adventure – Camping & Multi-Adventure
Moab, UTOctober 8-14, 2017 12 Explorer Chicks
Moab is the desert destination in the southwest for all things adventure. It’s home to world class mountain biking, off-roading, white water rafting, hiking, and National Parks. Experience all of it on this multi-adventure women-only, small group trip. Each night you’ll fall asleep under the stars tucked in at our Explorer Chick Glamping site.
You’ll quickly fall in love with Moab as you disconnect to reconnect. You’ll white water raft down the Colorado River surrounded by the red rock canyons. You’ll mountain bike on scenic trails through canyons and mesa tops. You’ll feel small underneath the handiwork of water and wind in Arches National Park. You’ll get behind the wheel of an off-road vehicle navigating the slick rock trails. You’ll trek the rugged trails of Canyonlands. You’ll wake early to witness unforgettable sunrsies and end perfect days in the golden glow of Moab sunsets. You’ll share stories of the day and bad jokes with other Explorer Chicks gathered around the bonfire with s’mores and night caps.
Explorer Chick loves a flexible itinerary and we’ve built free time into this trip to truly make your experience unique. We could choose to wander the town of Moab, take a dip at the local swimming hole, revisit a favorite park, relax with a book at camp, or even embark on entirely new adventures. We’ll flex and flow with the group dynamics perfecting your immersive trip to Moab.
- Mountain biking the trails of Moab.
- White Water Rafting down the Colorado River.
- Hike through arches etched over time by water and wind at Arches National Park.
- Drive an off-road vehicle on the slick rock of Moab.
- Watch the sunrise at Dead Horse Point State Park.
- Explore and hike the trails at Canyonlands National Park.
- Camp in the wilderness and underneath the stars at the Explorer Chick Glamping site. You’ll arrive to our campsite already set up, so you just have to unpack and get cozy.
- Enjoy back country gourmet meals cooked at our campsite and dine at local Moab eateries.
- Actively experience Moab with 2 Guides from Explorer Chick who will ensure your trip is unforgettable.
- 7 days/6 nights of camping at the Explorer Chick Glamping site equipped with double occupancy tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, dining area, camp chairs, and more. Please note: This is dispersed camping so we’ll have portable camp toilets. You’ll have access to real toilets at trail heads, visitor centers, restaurants, etc. It’s Dirtbag Glamping at it’s finest!
- All meals beginning with lunch on Day 1 through lunch on Day 7.
- Transportation from Salt Lake City to Moab, the return, and all trip adventures.
- Mountain Biking including gear and shuttle.
- Guided Off Roading Adventure including safety gear.
- White Water Rafting down the Colorado River.
- All hiking including park entrance fees.
- Small Group experience! ~ Let’s connect!
- A commemorative Moab Dirtbag Adventure Explorer Chick Tank Top.
- Two experienced Explorer Chick guides ensuring your trip is unforgettable and a social media sensation!
- A flash drive with all of photos taken by your Explorer Chick guides (Becca is a phenomenal photographer!)
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, rendezvous hotel stays, alcoholic beverages, guide tips, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Your trip begins and ends in Salt Lake City.
On day 1 we will rendezvous at a Salt Lake City area hotel at 10am. We recommend arriving a day earlier to relax, enjoy Salt Lake City, and to avoid any problems with lost luggage or flights. Transfer time approximately 4 hours.
We will return to the same hotel on Day 7 after a hot breakfast at camp. Do not book a flight that departs prior to 6pm. We will make an effort to drop Explorer Chicks off at the airport who fly out on Day 7. Transfer time approximately 4 hours.
You will receive the rendezvous hotel information prior to your arrival.
You will receive a travel guide prior to your arrival with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
Travel Insurance: To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Activity Level – Moderate
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of multiple adventures including hiking, mountain biking, and rafting. You should be comfortable with hiking up to 10 miles in a day. Explorer Chick prides itself in curating trips for women who live an active, healthy lifestyle. What this means is we tackle the big climbs, the long trails, the bucket lists, and the uncomfortable. To get the most from your retreat we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands upon booking.
$1,899 (Early Bird)
$2,199 (After June 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: August 8, 2017
The stated deposit is due at the time of registration. Your spot is on the Adventure is not reserved until we receive your deposit. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining final balance is due 60 days prior to the first day of the trip.
Your final price is determined by the date the deposit is paid.
You will receive a Paypal invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards and checks. All discounts will be reflected on your invoice.
You will receive a second email with all waivers and any additional information we may require for your trip.
Explorer Chick wants nothing more than for you to escape on one of our adventures. However, we understand emergencies do occur that may cause you to cancel your reservation. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
60-31 Days prior to arrival: 50% of your trip is non-refundable.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc will be fully refunded. Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc. CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Traveler Protection Insurance.
Travel Insurance is available from WorldNomads.com