Smoky Mountain Big Hiking Adventure – Cabin Base (Sold Out!)
Gatlinburg, TNJuly 13-16, 2017 12 Explorer Chicks
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the nation’s most visited park year after year and for good reason. Not only is it in close proximity to major metro areas, but it’s also home to some of the biggest mountains east of the Mississippi, stunning sunrise views, and an expansive trail system that draws people to this wilderness nestled in Tennessee.
Hike the most iconic big hikes that the Smokies has to offer on this women-only, small group trip. Each morning you’ll wake well rested in our Mountain Cabin ready to spend hours hiking and playing in the dense forests of Tennessee.
Trek the Alum Caves trail to the summit of the legendary Mt. LeConte. Bask in the 360 panoramic views from the exposed ridge on Charlies Bunion. Float lazily down the Little River in an inner tube. Hike along the AT to reach the fire tower atop Mt. Cammerer. Wind down each night in our mountain cabin in the hot tub with a glass of wine. Enjoy home cooked meals daily by your Explorer Chick guides.
Explorer Chick loves a flexible itinerary and we’ve built free time into this trip to truly make your experience unique. We could choose to wander the streets of Gatlinburg in the evening, jump from the cliffs of the Sinks swimming hole, venture for a short hike to see waterfalls, relax with a book at the cabin, or even embark on entirely new adventures. We’ll flex and flow with the group dynamics perfecting your trip to Tennessee.
- Hike the big iconic trails in the Smokies including Mt. LeConte, Charlies Bunion, and Mt. Cammerer
- Cool down on a lazy river float in inner tubes.
- Unwind every night in the comfort of our Mountain Cabin with a hot tub and a view.
- Enjoy home cooked, healthy meals cooked by your Explorer Chick guides.
- Actively experience the Smoky Mountains with 2 Guides from Explorer Chick who will ensure your trip is unforgettable.
- 4 days/3 nights of shared occupancy accommodations in our mountain cabin with a hot tub and balcony. Please note: Rooms will be assigned at random unless roommates are noted at booking or in an email prior to trip. Beds may be singles or shared King Sized beds.
- All meals beginning with Dinner on Day 1 through Dinner on Day 4.
- Transportation to adventures on Day 1 to Day 3. You will drive to the trailhead of our final hike before departing on Day 4.
- Hike to Mt. LeConte (11 miles/2,763 ft Elevation gain).
- Hike to Charlies Bunion (8.1 miles/1,640 Elevation gain).
- Hike to Mt. Cammerer (11.1 miles/3,045 Elevation gain).
- Lazy river float.
- All hiking including park entrance fees.
- Small Group experience! ~ Let’s connect!
- A commemorative Smoky Mountain Adventure Explorer Chick Tank Top.
- Two experienced Explorer Chick guides ensuring your trip is unforgettable and a social media sensation!
- A flash drive with all of photos taken by your Explorer Chick guides!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, guide tips, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Plan to arrive at our Mountain Cabin on Day 1 between 4-7pm.
Plan to depart from the area on Day 4 no later than 5pm.
You will receive the Mountain Cabin information prior to your arrival.
You will receive a travel guide prior to your arrival with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
Travel Insurance: To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Activity Level – Moderate to Strenuous
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of long climbs with significant elevation gain. You should be comfortable with hiking up to 12 miles in a day for three consecutive days with elevation gains up to 3,000 feet. Explorer Chick prides itself in curating trips for women who live an active, healthy lifestyle. What this means is we tackle the big climbs, the long trails, the bucket lists, and the uncomfortable. To get the most from your retreat we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands upon booking.
$699 (Early Bird)
$899 (After March 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200 due at booking
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: May 13, 2017
The stated deposit is due at the time of registration. Your spot is on the Adventure is not reserved until we receive your deposit. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining final balance is due 60 days prior to the first day of the trip.
Your final price is determined by the date the deposit is paid.
You will receive a Paypal invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards and checks. All discounts will be reflected on your invoice.
You will receive a second email with all waivers and any additional information we may require for your trip.
Explorer Chick wants nothing more than for you to escape on one of our adventures. However, we understand emergencies do occur that may cause you to cancel your reservation. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
60-31 Days prior to arrival: 50% of your trip is non-refundable.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc will be fully refunded. Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc. CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Traveler Protection Insurance.
Travel Insurance is available from WorldNomads.com