Wild Wyoming Adventure – Camping & Big Hiking
Jackson Hole, WYAugust 13-19, 2017 10 Explorer Chicks
When you think of Wyoming, you think of the Tetons. Then your legs starting tingling dreaming of hiking the countless trails with majestic 360 views of the iconic mountain range. Make it a reality taking your legs on an incredible 7 day adventure on our women-only, small group trip in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Each night your happy and exhausted legs will be tucked in under the stars at our Explorer Chick Glamping site.
Jackson Hole will quickly captivate your heart and soul with each step on the trails. You’ll hike to Phelps lake to jump from a boulder and swim. You’ll climb over 2,000 feet in elevation gain to picnic next to turquoise alpine lakes. You’ll rest your legs, but not your sense of awe, floating down the Snake River in a raft. You’ll summit Table Mountain to savor unmatched views of the Tetons. You’ll race down an alpine slide at Snow King Mountain. You’ll relax in the pool at Granite Hot Springs. You’ll trek to the top of the lesser known Sleeping Indian peak through pine forests and wild flowers meadows. You’ll embark on the big, long hikes winding down each day flying high with accomplishment.
Explorer Chick loves a flexible itinerary and we’ve built free time into this trip to truly make your experience unique. We could choose to wander the town of Jackson, take a dip at the local swimming hole, visit nearby Yellowstone, relax with a book at camp, or even embark on entirely new adventures. We’ll flex and flow with the group dynamics perfecting your immersive trip to Jackson.
- Acclimate with a gentle hike to Phelps lake for picnicking and swimming. (7.2 miles/475 ft elevation gain).
- Hike to Delta lake to enjoy the turquoise alpine lake (7 miles/2,400 ft elevation gain).
- Float down the Snake River in a raft.
- Summit Table Mountain on the backside of the Tetons (14 miles/4,000 ft elevation gain).
- Embrace your inner child racing down an alpine slide.
- Summit Sleeping Indian with even more views of the Tetons. (14 miles/4,300 ft elevation gain).
- Camp in the wilderness and underneath the stars at the Explorer Chick Glamping site. You’ll arrive to our campsite already set up, so you just have to unpack and get cozy.
- Enjoy back country gourmet meals cooked at our campsite and dine at local Jackson eateries.
- Actively experience Jackson with 2 Guides from Explorer Chick who will ensure your trip is unforgettable.
- 7 days/6 nights of camping at the Explorer Chick Glamping site equipped with double occupancy tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, dining area, camp chairs, and more. Please note: This is dispersed camping so we’ll have portable camp toilets and showers. You’ll have access to real toilets at trail heads, visitor centers, restaurants, etc. It’s Dirtbag Glamping at it’s finest!
- All meals beginning with lunch on Day 1 through breakfast on Day 7.
- Transportation from Jackson Hole to our Explorer Chick Glamping site, the return, and all trip adventures.
- White Water Rafting down the Snake River.
- Alpine slide pass on Snow King Mountain.
- All hiking including park entrance fees.
- Small Group experience! ~ Let’s connect!
- A commemorative Wild Wyoming Adventure Explorer Chick Tank Top.
- Two experienced Explorer Chick guides ensuring your trip is unforgettable and a social media sensation!
- A flash drive with all of photos taken by your Explorer Chick guides (Becca is a phenomenal photographer!)
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, guide tips, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Your trip begins and ends in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
On day 1 we will rendezvous at a Jackson Hole area hotel at 11am. We recommend arriving a day earlier to acclimate, enjoy Jackson Hole, and to avoid any problems with lost luggage or flights.
We will return to the same hotel on Day 7 after a hot breakfast at camp. We will make an effort to drop Explorer Chicks off at the airport who fly out on Day 7.
You will receive the rendezvous hotel information prior to your arrival.
You will receive a travel guide prior to your arrival with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
Travel Insurance: To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive a no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Activity Level – Strenuous
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of long days and hikes upwards of 15 miles round trip with significant and steep elevation gains (up to 4,300 ft). You should be comfortable with hiking up to 15 miles in a day with steep climbs and ascents. We will summit peaks as high as 11,300 feet. Please keep this in mind if you’ve had experience with altitude sickness. We’ve planned an acclimation day on Day 1 and we strongly recommend arriving in Jackson Hole at least one day early to begin acclimating (6,300 ft elevation). Hikes do not require any technical climbing experience.
Explorer Chick prides itself in curating trips for women who live an active, healthy lifestyle. What this means is we tackle the big climbs, the long trails, the bucket lists, and the uncomfortable. To get the most from your retreat we recommend having a solid fitness base with exstensive training on the trails in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands upon booking.
Please realistically assess your own abilities before booking this trip. It is for both your’s and the group’s safety and enjoyment. Email us directly if you are unsure if this trip is right for you. Info@ExplorerChick.com
$1,999 (Early Bird)
$2,299 (After April 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: June 13, 2017
The stated deposit is due at the time of registration. Your spot is on the Adventure is not reserved until we receive your deposit. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining final balance is due 60 days prior to the first day of the trip.
Your final price is determined by the date the deposit is paid.
You will receive a Paypal invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards and checks. All discounts will be reflected on your invoice.
You will receive a second email with all waivers and any additional information we may require for your trip.
Explorer Chick wants nothing more than for you to escape on one of our adventures. However, we understand emergencies do occur that may cause you to cancel your reservation. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
60-31 Days prior to arrival: 50% of your trip is non-refundable.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc will be fully refunded. Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc. CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Traveler Protection Insurance.
Travel Insurance is available from WorldNomads.com