Dominican Republic Tropical Adventure
Cabarete, Dominican RepublicNovember 5-12, 2017 10 Explorer Chicks
Discover the “Real” Dominican Republic on this multi-sport adventure based out of Cabarete along the north shore of Hispaniola island. Explore the lush jungles, the sandy beaches, the dramatic mountains, the friendly culture, and the farm-to-table fresh authentic food during your 8 day trip to this tropical paradise.
You’ll soon find that the Dominican Republic is more than All-inclusive resorts, but a mecca for adventure! You’ll travel to the countryside before hiking down into a river canyon to trek and leap from waterfalls. You’ll play in the ocean learning how to surf at Encuentro Beach. You’ll fly like an acrobat swinging from a trapeze set against a beautiful sunset. You’ll enjoy the unexpected mountain air when you white water raft. You’ll tour the organic farm where your included meals are sourced before hopping in a tube for a relaxing float down the river.
Every day you’ll find your body being built into a better, stronger, version of itself through playing in the outdoors. But, you’ll also have evening Functional Fitness classes each night in a tiki hut (our gym in paradise!). To balance out your epic training and adventures, your body will be treated to yoga in a loft overlooking the ocean. No music is necessary as the the crashing waves will be the perfect back drop.
- Beach to Ocean Surf Lesson at Encuentro Beach
- Ciguapa Falls canyoning, river trekking, and waterfall jumping
- Flying on a Trapeze
- White Water Rafting in the mountains of Jarabacoa
- Organic farm tour including a picnic lunch sourced directly from the farm
- Relaxing River float with an ice cold, Presidente in hand
- Functional fitness classes in a tiki hut
- Yoga practices in a loft overlooking the ocean
- Accommodations in a beachfront Eco-Hotel with wi-fi, a pool, and a restaurant/bar.
- Meals ~ All dinners and breakfasts included from time of arrival to departure and lunches where indicated above.
“Explorer Chick Adventure Co. has truly set the bar for vacations going forward! It has encouraged me to continue to improve myself physically, mentally, and spiritually, because life is never happier than when I am outdoors and challenging myself in some way. The bonding opportunity with fierce women who want more out of a vacation than a beach and a towel is unparalleled, and the trip planning is all done for you! I dare anyone reading this to become an Explorer Chick – you won’t regret it!!” ~ Anna M. (Nov 2015)
“When I came back I felt stronger in both body and spirit. I felt rejuvenated and motivated to continue being active and living a life that I love. Everyday tasks that I used to hate, such as carrying 40 lb bags of cat litter, were suddenly no big deal. And I got one of my turns in my ballet class for the first time at my very first class back from the trip!
I had a wonderful time on the trip. It was awesome to be around like-minded, fun-loving women. It was so much fun to push ourselves and encourage each other. I hope to be able to do another explorer chick trip in the future!” ~ Amber M. (Nov 2015)
“Learning so much about myself I never knew! Fav quote from today from my instructor, “Erica you are not good on land but you have power in the water.” Totally wanted to break out into a little mermaid song!” ~ Erica D (Nov 2015)
- 8 days/7 nights of shared occupancy accommodations at an Eco Hotel. The rooms are simple and clean with a mini fridge, drinking water, a private balcony, a ceiling fan, bathroom, safe, and closet. The hotel is run 90% on solar power and uses collected rain water.
- Accommodation amenities include a pool, Wi-Fi, Tiki Gym, Yoga Loft, and on the Beach location.
- All Breakfasts and Dinners daily for a total of 14 meals prepared mostly from the onsite restaurant.
- Two hour Surf lesson including transportation, surf board, reef shoes and all other necessary gear on Encuentro Beach.
- Ciguapa Falls hike and cascading including transportation, helmet, wet suit and all other necessary gear. Plus, an authentic Dominican lunch
- Trapeze Lessons
- White Water Rafting in the mountains of Jarabacoa
- Taino Organic Farm Tour with all you can eat tropical fruit and picnic lunch
- River Float with inner tubes
- Functional Fitness classes. The program is designed to balance muscles trained with the excursions so you get the most out of your body.
- Yoga classes in the ocean view Yoga Loft.
- Explorer Chick tank top
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, or costs for additional activities.
**A passport that is valid for at least 6 months past your arrival date is required.*
***Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
Arrival: November 5, 2017
You have the choice to fly into 3 airports in the Dominican Republic : Puerto Plata (POP) – 25 minutes travel time, Santiago (STI) – 90 minutes travel time, or Santo Domingo (SDQ) airports – 4 hours of travel time.
Please note, transportation costs are not included, but we will arrange for shuttles pairing you with other Explorer Chicks to save on the fare. The estimated costs for a taxi one way for each are as follows: POP ($35), STI ($100), SDQ ($250). Please reach out to us directly with any questions and specific logistic questions. Public transportation is available for all airports. It is less expensive, but with longer travel times. Please inquire directly. We are here to help you!
Departure: November 12, 2017
Activity Level – Moderate
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat. The itinerary is packed full of adventure plus fitness classes. To get the most from your retreat we recommend having a solid fitness base, otherwise you can expect muscle soreness. The Ciguapa Falls Canyoning tour includes very steep climbs that are taxing on legs. The paddling during surfing requires a lot from your shoulders. We also have fitness classes each evening.
Travel Insurance: To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
$1,499 (Early Bird)
$1,699 (After August 1)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking to secure your spot
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: October 6, 2017
The stated deposit is due at the time of registration. Your spot on the Adventure is not reserved until we receive your deposit. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining final balance is due 30 days prior to the first day of the retreat.
You will receive an invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards and checks. All discounts will be reflected on your invoice.
You will receive a second email with all waivers and any additional information we may require for your trip.
Explorer Chick wants nothing more than for you to escape on one of our adventures. However, we understand emergencies do occur that may cause you to cancel your reservation. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip.
There will be no refunds given during or following a trip.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc will be fully refunded. Explorer Chick Adventure Co, Inc. CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Traveler Protection Insurance.
Travel Insurance is available from WorldNomads.com