Alpaca Ranch Tour & Bonfire
Join Explorer Chick for a Private Women-Only Evening at the Alpaca Ranch!
Do you ever tire of the hustle and bustle of city life and wonder what ranch life would be like? Or do you just love cuddling with animals? This is your opportunity to try on ranch life and hangout with alpacas!
What makes alpacas special and different than llamas? Alpacas are too small to be used as pack animals. Instead, they were bred exclusively for their wool and meat. Alpacas are social herd animals that live in family groups. They are gentle, elegant, inquisitive, intelligent and observant.
You will begin this Mini with a tour of the ranch. You will learn all about the needs of alpacas, including what they eat and how to care for them. You will gain knowledge about the shearing process and alpaca wool. After the tour you will get your taste of country life with ranch farm chores. This could be anything from brushing or feeding the alpacas to shoveling straw.
When you’ve finished all your chores we will meet back at the bonfire for out Pizza Party ans S’mores! We’ll share stories and laughs before we depart for the night. Non-alcoholic beverages are provided, but you are free to bring your favorite adult beverage.
- Learn all about alpacas and their wool during a farm tour.
- Live the country life with light farm chores.
- Enjoy pizza and s’mores at the bonfire.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
Bonfire with S’mores
*All specific animal encounters are nit guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals Please keep in mind they are wild animals in their own habit.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at their discretion as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 3+ Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Good Karma Ranch
1041 Brevard Place Road
Iron Station, North Carolina 28080
- Wear closed toe shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Feel free to bring a cooler with snacks and beverages (No glass or liquor. Wine and beer is okay.)
- Optional: Cash to tip your guide 10-20%
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.