Live Virtual Backpacking Workshop For Beginners
Ready to level up your day hiking adventures? Anxious to learn to camp for multiple days in the wilderness? Want to move from established campsites to the remote backcountry? We got you—and you can even wear your PJs. Learn how to backpack from the comfort of home (or wherever you get WiFi) with our live virtual online backpacking for beginners workshop, just for women! It’s the perfect introduction or refresher on how to go backpacking, taught by an expert Explorer Chick guide.
If you’ve booked (or are still considering) one of Explorer Chick’s backpacking trips—or heck, just want to see if backpacking is the right hobby for you—this live, two-hour workshop is an ideal introduction or next step.
Oh, and you know it’s not an Explorer Chick adventure without our classic SHE-nanigans—virtual or not! Come along as we transform your computer screen into a backpacking adventure lesson, all while you enjoy a cocktail from the comfort of the couch! You’ll even receive a few camp-inspired cocktail recipes leading up to your workshop. (Hello 👋 Punch O’ Pine, Campfire Sour, and Cranberry Margarita)
Learn First Time Backpacking Essentials
In just two-hours, learn the all the backpacking for beginners essentials, from pre-departure to packing up camp—and everything in between. Watch live demonstrations of packing, cooking, setting up camp, meal prep, clothing, safety, filtering water, gear, equipment, and more. Yes! Everything you need to know, without having to dig through the endless blogs, forums, and books. Or worse, have it man-splained to you by the well-meaning males in your life.
Get Answers to Your Toughest Backpacking Questions
Should I be concerned about bears? Where can I find deals on equipment? Is it cool if I leave a big dump in the woods? Ever had these thoughts, but were too afraid to ask? Fear not! Everything you ever wanted to learn about backpacking (especially as a woman) will be answered during our a reserved Q&A session. (And we LOVE to answer your questions! Even the gross stuff!) So ask away, then hit the trails as a confident and empowered backpacker. Each workshop is limited to 30 Explorer Chicks. This means a small class setting where you will feel comfortable and supported, no matter your previous outdoor experience.
The Explorer Chick Backpacking Field Guide
You’ll also receive a copy of our very own Backpacking Field Guide. The Field Guide covers the backpacking essentials covered in the workshop, so you’ll have a handy reference of your future camping trips.
*Workshop Times are in EST (Eastern Time Zone).*
- Learn the basics of backpacking: Everything from packing to returning home after your first adventure!
- Enjoy a live, interactive guided virtual experience with an Explorer Chick Expert
- Become a more confident backpacker from anywhere in the world
- Fire away your questions during the dedicated Q&A Session
- Sip cocktails while sharing laughs with Explorer Chicks around the world
- Walk away with our handy Backpacking book for future reference
- Two hour virtual experience with your own Explorer Chick Guide
- 1.5 hour learning session with a dedicated 30 minute Q&A session
- Explorer Chick Backpacking Field Guide: A complete text with all of the material covered in the workshop
- Small group experience limited to 30 women
Your Virtual Backpacking Workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Please be sure to download the app or install on your computer ahead of time.
You’ll receive the meeting link ahead of your workshop from your Explorer Chick Guide.
Duration: 2 Hours
Location: Anywhere in the world with a Wifi connection.
Workshop Times are in EST (Eastern Time Zone).
- An internet connection and the ability to stream audio and video to participate.
- Pen and paper ~ To take your own notes & jot down any questions
- A desire to learn more about backpacking and the skills to take you there!
- Questions regarding backpacking – or SHE-nanigans, we’ll answer everything!
- Your favorite cocktail – Don’t worry, we’ll send you some recipe inspiration.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Virtual Workshop Price:
Workshop times are in EST (Eastern Time Zone).