Baltimore Kayak Nature Tour
Kayaking 🚣♀️ is more than just a fun way to explore our waterways. It keeps us looking ahead and moving forward (literally and figuratively)! The calmness felt floating weightlessly on top of the water as the sun glistens down on the shimmering surface. The excitement felt as all the water’s secrets are revealed. The sounds of the paddles gliding through the stream and the birds serenading you from the forest. (Yeah, we’re ready to grab a paddle too!) Want to take your own paddling journey? Join us for this half-day kayak nature tour around Scott’s Cove in the Rocky Gorge Reservoir!
Kayak Nature Tour
Join us as we explore the gentle water of Scott’s Cove. New to kayaking or feeling a little rusty? No worries! When we begin, experienced kayak guides will teach us the basics of kayaking, all the way from paddling to steering. Feeling confident in our paddling skills, we will take our kayaks and meander calmly along the water for the chance to see many different kinds of birds, fish and turtles. Our guides will share interesting tidbits about the native plants, trees, and animals that make this area so beautiful. Take in the sights and sounds of nature from the unique perspective of being out on the water.
Part way through the day, we’ll stop for a break and a chance to stretch our legs. Lounge on the bank and catch up with your new fellow kayaking adventurers. Pack a snack in your day pack or dry bag to munch on here to recharge for the remainder of our journey. Here are some snack ideas to help keep you fueled for adventure. Then it’s back to the waters to find what else we can discover on our kayak nature tour!
- Half day of flat-water kayaking.
- Learn some ecology and geology of the area.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All needed equipment.
- Life vest.
- Instruction if needed-no experience necessary!
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide.
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Tipping your guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend 10-20% the cost of your adventure, which is standard for the industry.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours, depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in time: 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Women-only, 21+
- This is an active event, please bring snacks and a water bottle accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Bring a dry bag to keep snacks and any valuables in.
- Parking is available on-site.
- Ticket cost covers the cost of mandatory water usage fees.
- Port-a-potty restrooms available at the beginning and end of the event.
- Weight restriction: 350 pounds for kayak safety.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- Please also follow this link to sign an e-waiver for Terrapin Adventures: Standard Event Waiver
- This event will be canceled in the event of dangerous weather or water levels. If we need to cancel due to severe weather or waterway conditions, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
- Nearby Baltimore has a ton of hotel options!
- There are several highly rated AirBnB locations to choose from in the area.
- There are several options for camping nearby.
11004 Harding Road
Laurel, MD 20723
- Snacks as needed.
- Small dry bag highly recommended to protect your snacks, phone and car keys.
- Sandals/water shoes.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in and don’t mind if it gets wet.
- Quick dry workout clothing.
- Swimsuits are welcome.
- Brimmed hat or sunglasses.
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Fresh clothes and shoes to change into for the drive home!
- Tip money for your guide.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.