Banff Winter Wanderland Adventure
Explore the Winter Wanderland of the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, and Jasper National Park with our Small Group, Women-only Trip in Alberta, Canada.
You’ll escape to a snowy wonderland enjoying the best of two of Canada’s National Parks: Banff and Jasper. Depending on trail and avalanche conditions, you’ll experience some of Canada’s other outdoor gems! So, what’s in store for you?
You’ll drive a Dog Sled with the snowy back drop of the Canadian Rockies! You’ll have a hands-on experience assisting the guides in harnessing the dogs and setting up your team. Each sled is shared with equal opportunities to drive the sleds. You’ll enjoy a backcountry lunch warming up next to a campfire while learning more about the role of dog sleds in the Bow Valley.
You’ll ride a Snowcat up Fortress Mountain for some serious backcountry Snowshoeing. You’ll be trekking at treeline with wide open views of the surrounding mountains. Some of those landscapes you might recognize from The Reverent (We’ll skip the Grizzly scene!), Inception, and The Bourne Legacy. It’ll be a full, long day of playing in the snow, but we’ll recharge with a hot backcountry lunch, hot cocoa, and cookies!
You’ll strap on ice cleats and hike one of Banff National Park’s most popular trails into the frozen Johnson Canyon.You’ll trek along trail and catwalks peering into the gorge below. After a short hike, you’ll reach the steep walls of frozen waterfalls. Chances are you’ll see ice climbers picking their way up – a preview of your adventure in Jasper National Park.
You’ll experience Canada’s favorite past time: Curling! Oh, yeah. We’ll have a private lesson learning about curling and experiencing the excitement of sweeping our brooms to control the speed and direction of our stone across the sheet into the house. Adult beverages will be available at the cash bar for purchase.
You’ll traverse the snowy Canadian Rocky landscapes on Cross Country Skis. We’ll start our full day adventure with a lesson learning how to maneuver ourselves with long planks attached to our feet. Once we have the hang of it, we’ll venture out into the wilderness to enjoy the solitude of the trail.
You’ll tour one of the world’s most scenic drives: The Icefields Parkway. We’ll travel the 145 mile stretch of double-lane highway winding along the Continental Divide from Lake Louise up to Jasper. Don’t worry! We’ll make frequent stops to enjoy the many highlights including frozen waterfalls, glaciers, and soaring rocky mountain peaks.
You’ll ice climb frozen waterfalls in Jasper National Park. It’s a matter of finding your rhythm and trusting the spikes on your crampons to top out each problem. You’ll have an immersive lesson and experience with our guides in ice climbing. We’ll have multiple ropes set up, so everyone will learn to belay and try out different routes.
Phew! We’ve also worked in some free time for you to explore the town of Banff, enjoy the solitude of your Jasper Lodge, or relax in the Upper Banff Hot Springs.
- Experience two of Canada’s most popular National Parks in the winter: Banff and Jasper.
- Drive a dog sled surrounded by snowy rock mountain peaks.
- Ride a snowcat deep into the backcountry for a full day of Snowshoeing on Fortress Mountain.
- Explore the frozen and famous Johnson Canyon of Banff National Park.
- Learn how and play Canada’s favorite pastime: Curling!
- Traverse the trails enjoying the quiet serenity of a snowy landscape on Cross Country Skis.
- Tour and explore the incredibly scenic Icefields Parkway.
- Ice Climb frozen waterfalls in Jasper National Park.
- Dog Sledding on shared sleds with instruction and the opportunity to drive the sleds with assistance from a guide. Weight Limit: 250 lbs.
- Snowcat assisted snowshoe tour on Fortress Mountain. Includes a hot lunch, snowshoes, and trekking poles.
- Guided tour into Johnson Canyon with ice cleats, poles, and snack included.
- Private group lesson and game of curling including a catered dinner at the Recreational center. Includes all necessary equipment. Clean gym shoes are required.
- Private group lesson and tour in Cross Country Skiing. All technical equipment will be provided. Trail to be determined based on trail and avalanche conditions.
- Private transfer and tour of the Icefields Parkway with stops at several highlights. Bagged lunch included.
- Private Full day of Group Ice Climbing in Jasper National Park with all safety and technical equipment provided.
- 5 Days/4 Nights Shared room at a Banff National Park area hotel with balconies/patios, mountain views, refrigerator, complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, and Outdoor Hot Tubs. Shared 2 per room.
- 3 Days/2 Night Shared room at a Jasper National Park Mountain Lodge on Lac Beauvertwith surrounded by pristine nature and wildlife with access to snowshoe and ice skate rentals. Room is equipped with refrigerator and coffee maker. Shared 2 per room.
- Transportation from from initial pick up at Rendezvous hotel, return on Day 7, and all included adventures.
- All meals from Lunch on Day 1 through Lunch on Day 7: B-6, L-7, D-6
- A commemorative Explorer Chick shirt
- One experienced Explorer Chick Leader ensuring your trip is seamless and unforgettable!
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 12 women
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, rendezvous hotel stays, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader tips, or costs for additional activities.
*All animal encounters are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals living freely.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
We require a minimum of 5 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
Your trip begins and ends in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (YYC).
On Day 1 we will rendezvous at a Calgary area hotel at 7am. We recommend arriving a day earlier to relax, enjoy Calgary, and to avoid any problems with lost luggage or flights.
We will return to the same hotel on Day 7 after a long 4.5 hour transfer from Jasper around 2pm.
You will receive a travel guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip.
Rendezvous hotel Information will be provided in your Travel Guide. You are responsible for booking your Calgary area hotel stay(s) and meeting us at the Rendezvous on the morning of Day 1. You are responsible for your transportation to and from the airport. (Rendezvous hotel will include a complimentary airport shuttle).
Your Banff Winter Wanderland is chock full of physical activity! As Explorer Chicks do! From snowshoeing in the mountains, cross country skiing along the trails, ice climbing frozen waterfalls, to driving dog sleds, you’ll need a solid fitness base to enjoy this adventure. Go hard or go home! Several of our days will be spent entirely outdoors playing in the snow. If cold is not your thing, then this adventure is not for you. Of course, we balance the itinerary with a few active rest days, to let those sore muscles relax (And, our Banff hotel has beautiful outdoor hot tubs. Ahhhhh.) To get the most from your Adventure we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails and inclines in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $300 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for the Code and Expiration!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $500 due at booking to secure your spot