Beginner Caving near Martinsburg, WV
Are you ready to take on something epic? 🙋♀️ You will discover a whole new world under your feet with this full day, beginner caving adventure! How much more epic can you get?! Break free of your daily routine! Kick off your heels and work clothes, and trade them in for boots and comfy pants! You will spend a day walking, climbing and crawling through a world unlike anything you’ve experienced before! Emerge a bit dirtier but feeling stronger 💪 and more accomplished than when you started!
The idea of caving can be as intimidating as it is thrilling, but not with knowledgeable guides leading you on your subterranean exploration! And when you join with other Explorer Chicks the intimidation takes a back seat to the laugher and the adventure! After a short hike in, your guides will introduce you to the basics of cave exploration, safety and stewardship. You will experience a world underground lit only by your headlamp and the lamps of your fellow adventurers. You will see cave formations up close and personal while hearing and feeling the waters that spent a millennia carving out this quiet, dark, exciting world.
Pack yourself a lunch 🥗 to enjoy at the mid-point of this full-day adventure. There, you can chat with your guides and your brand-new caving friends about what you’ve seen so far while refueling with all of your favorite foods.
Picnic Lunch Ideas
If you plan right, you can bring that bestie who’s always a little “extra” and will happily make you one when she packs her own cute bento or caving charcuterie spread. If not, have no fear. You know Explorer Chicks love a good trail lunch, so we’ve got a few suggestions to share.😉 (Got a few of your own? Let us know over on the We Are Explorer Chick Facebook Group page!)
- Highly skilled guides.
- No experience is needed!
- Safety equipment provided.
- Experience the thrill of climbing, crawling and splashing through the world usually hidden below the surface!
- Connect with all of your new adventure besties with a packed lunch at the half-way point!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All safety equipment provided.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. They work hard to ensure your enjoyment and safety. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe with a tip of 10-20% of the value of your adventure.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 7 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms are available at the meetup location.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a second link to the Terrapin Adventures Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols:
This event will only be canceled in event of lightning, thunder, or high winds. If you do not hear anything from us about the weather, plan that the event is a GO! Delayed starts might take place if necessary. If canceled, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
- There are several great camping options within a short driving distance.
- There are several highly rated AirBnB options as well.
Meet-up location is a Sheetz Gas Station. Your guides will meet you there to lead you to your caving adventure!
5715 Hammonds Mill Road
Martinsburg, WV 25404
- A small daypack.
- Packed lunch to enjoy and fuel the remainder of your adventure.
- No food or trash is to be brought into the cave. You will hike out for your lunches.
- Water (at least 2 quarts recommended).
- The cave stays at 55 degrees year round, so dress warm. Dress in layers so you can make adjustments as you warm-up and cool down
- Comfortable clothes.
- Long sleeved shirt and pants required.
- Sturdy athletic shoes or lightweight hiking shoes/boots required.
- No sandals or open toe shoes (including Chacos or Tevas).
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Do not wear jewelry as it can get dirty, damaged or lost.
- You will get dirty and possibly damp. It is a great idea to bring dry, comfortable clothing to change into for the ride home.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.