Intro to Outdoor Rock Climbing near DC
Anyone else at the tipping point and ready for a mental-health break? 🙋♀️ Rock climbing is a great way to reduce stress. In addition, it helps put the “fun” back in your brain function. 🤓 Due to the picturesque views and challenges that come with getting there, in effect, you’ll lose yourself in the flow of the climb and gain clarity with every grab and hold. No experience is needed and all equipment is provided. Just show up with that Explorer Chick attitude and take yourself to new heights! Let us take care of the rest. 🤘🧗♀️
Rock Climbing near DC
This is a beginner-friendly, half-day rock climbing event. No gear 🤷♀️, no worries 👍. All gear and equipment needed are provided, including:
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing harness
If you do have your own gear, bring it! The guides will do a gear check before you depart for your climb to be sure everything is safe and set to go!
You will receive instructions from your guides every step of the way with techniques and tips to enhance your climbing experience 💪.
Climbing at Carderock
Spend the day climbing some of the most well-established climbing routes in the area. Climbers have enjoyed tackling the routes at Carderock since the 1940s! Carderock is a part of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park nestled along the Potomac River. A short two-minute walk with from the parking area with your guides will lead you to where the adventure really begins. Feast your eyes upon the massive wall in front of you. See the speckles of quartz sparkle in the sunlight as you gaze up the wall at the cracks and textured holds that await you. Then strap on your climbing shoes and cheer on your new friends as you conquer that rock and pose for glamour shots along the way.
- Half-day event with 3 hours of Rock Climbing at Carderock in the beautiful Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park.
- Climbing expertise of professional Guide(s) throughout the whole day.
- No experience is needed.
- All equipment provided.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Climbing shoes.
- Climbing harness.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. For these events, a tip of 10-20% is recommended. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms are available.
- Climbing Harness max waist size 45 inches.
- No weight restrictions.
- No fees for parking.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- We will be meeting at Carderock Recreation Area. 9500 Macarthur Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20817
- Carderock – Google Maps.
- Look for guides wearing Sportrock Climbing Center t-shirts.
The park has several scenic hiking trails that range in length from 1.3 miles to over 6 miles.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- This event can take place in a light rain, but will be canceled in the event of heavy, sustained rains, high winds and/or lightening.
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- There are several highly rated AirBnB options in the area.
- There are many highly rated camping options nearby.
- The climb takes place only about 25 minutes from the many hotels of Washington, DC.
- This is an active event, bring snacks to sustain you!
- Comfortable clothing that allow you to move freely.
- Dress in layers to remove or add as the temperature changes.
- Hair ties for long hair.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.