St. Louis Area Beginner Rock Climbing
You’ve been thinking about it. Getting outside. Feeling that cool rock under your grip. Trusting the security of the harness and the rope. Pushing, pulling and climbing as you move up and over the rough surface. When you are looking for a new challenge, rock climbing always delivers. Whether you’ve never even pulled on a pair of climbing shoes or this is your 100th day up on the wall, your mind and body will be challenged every single time. No two climbs are alike, and every route that you send (that’s climber talk for complete) will make you feel superhuman! You can do anything you set your mind to, and a day of rock climbing will prove that to yourself. Just show up with that Explorer Chick attitude and take yourself to new heights! Let us take care of the rest. 🤘🧗♀️
Rock Climbing in St. Louis
This is a beginner-friendly, full-day rock climbing event. No gear 🤷♀️, no worries 👍. All the gear and equipment you need are provided, including:
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing harness
- Necessary belay and rappelling devices and carabiners
Our partners will have multiple ropes set up for various climbing routes, each with their own unique challenges. As a result, you will conquer several new routes as you go. 💪 Receive instructions from your guides every step of the way with techniques and tips to enhance your climbing experience. There will also be a rappelling station set up to use in between your climbs. So, in addition to all the new climbing tricks we just learned, you will now have a grasp of the basics of rappelling and more, including:
- Tying climbing knots
- Climbing commands and movements
Climbing at Robinson Bluff
Spend the day encircled with beautiful views of rural rolling hills and the riverscape of the Big River. Then let your eyes be drawn to the massive wall in front of you. Follow your gaze up the towering Dolomite limestone walls speckled with unique crystal pockets and textured holds. You’ve got this!
- Full day with 7 hours of Rock Climbing at the beautiful Robinson Bluff.
- Climbing expertise of professional Guide(s) throughout the whole day.
- Learn how to tie climbing knots.
- Become proficient with climbing commands and movements.
- Learn the techniques of belaying.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Climbing shoes.
- Climbing harness.
- Necessary belay and rappelling devices and carabiners.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20%. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximate 7 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- There are 164 steps down to our starting point, which we will ascend up at the end of the day.
- Porta-potty restrooms are available at the bottom of the stairs.
- Water refills are available.
- Climbing harness max waist size 42 inches.
- No weight restrictions.
- No fees for parking.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- Please also take a moment to print and sign the required waiver for Vertical Voyages attached to your order confirmation email.
- We will be meeting at Robinson Bluff. You MUST cross-check your directions to the Robinson Bluff Directions on their website. WARNING: If you plug the GPS coordinates into Google or Apple Maps, you’ll likely end up across the river from the bluff and will have to double back. Please do not attempt to enter private property. Robinson Bluff is not accessible via the farm across the river.
- Robinson Bluff Climbing Area
- Look for a White Ford Connect Van with Vertical Voyages displayed on the back window.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- Cabins and Camping are available only 20 minutes from the climbing location.
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL)
- A LOT OF WATER.
- 1L suggestion with a recommendation to keep an additional liter in your car for later.
- Lunch and snacks that are well packed and contained.
- Comfortable clothing.
- Dress in layers to remove or add as the temperature changes.
- Rain shells and windbreakers are highly recommended.
- Hiking shoes and comfortable socks.
- Recommended are socks that are well cushioned around the ankle as that is a normal spot for those pesky blisters to form.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.