Charlotte Trees, Treats and Trails
Wanna make Mama Nature proud with some serious Tree Wisdom? How cool would it be to impress your friends by knowing a pawpaw from a poplar and a sassafras from a serviceberry? Come out and join other curious women on this guided hike and then kick back as you hang out together and refuel because hiker hunger is real, and lunch is included!
Guided Nature Hike
Join your new Adventure besties at Anne Springs Close Greenway, a 2,100-acre nature preserve outside of Charlotte. Use all your senses during this gentle two-mile hike led by a trained outdoor guide. There are several hikes to choose from. Or even better, come join us on all of them!
Which Tree is Which?
Being able to understand nature’s signs and the ability to identify things around you enhances our experience on the trail. Join us on this tree identification nature hike and soon you’ll be impressing your friends and family with all your knowledge of the mighty trees.🌲 You will also learn how to use leaf, bark, and twig characteristics to identify local trees.
Dine at the Greenway Gateway Canteen
Now we’d disappoint your mama if we sent you off hungry, and we can’t have that. So after we spend our morning together working up an appetite, gather with us at the Gateway Canteen for a delicious meal. You will have your choice of entrée made with the freshest ingredients from their seasonally changing menu.🥗 Click here for the menu options for Friday or Saturday. Click here for the Grab-N-Go options for Sunday. There is beer and wine available for purchase.
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out our other Mini Adventures Available in North Carolina.
- Enjoy a Private Nature Hike.
- Chow down on a delicious entrée of choice.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Private guided nature hike filled with information on your native and local trees.
- Delicious entree’ of choice.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Greenway Gateway – Anne Springs Close Greenway Lake Haigler Entrance
1604 State Hwy 252
Fort Mill, SC 29715
- NOTE* IF YOU PUT THE ADDRESS IN APPLE MAPS, YOU WILL GET LOST! Use the Google link above.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event cannot take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Closed-toed shoes.
- We hike in the rain or shine! Dress accordingly.
- Cotton clothing is not recommended.
- Water bottle.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.