Chattanooga Mountain Bike Clinic and Trail Ride
Whether you’re new to mountain biking or you’ve been riding for years, there’s always something new to learn and ways to improve your riding technique. 🚵♀️ Join us for this women’s beginner Mountain Bike Clinic dedicated to teaching basic mountain bike skills. Ensuring an extra boost of confidence next time you hit those trails.💪
Mountain Bike Clinic
Has it been a decade or two since the last time you’ve been on something with 2 wheels?! Here is your reason to hop back on that bike! Starting out our day will be a beginner-level mountain bike clinic. Including learning all the foundational skills of mountain biking practiced safely in an open field. In particular, we will be focusing on skill-building, body positioning, off-road trail features, and understanding your bike. In fact, all are taught by a PMBIA Certified Mountain Bike Instructor.
What will we be learning you ask?
This Mountain Bike Clinic is designed for riders of ALL abilities and will teach the foundational skills to improve confidence and take your riding to the next level.
- The “ready” position.
- Bike/body separation.
- Climbing techniques.
- Descending Techniques.
- Braking for control and speed.
- Navigating trail obstacles.
Raccoon Mountain Trail Ride
Before hitting the trails we will take the time to enjoy a picnic together and refuel with our packed lunches.🥗 Now with all our new skills learned, it’s time to ride you a soon-to-be-trail-riding rock star! The trail we will be riding is rated intermediate. Perfect for getting your adrenaline pumping as you navigate each turn and maybe even catch a little air as you jump a rock or two. ✌
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out the other Mini Adventure Available in Tennesee!
- Guided Mountain Biking Clinic.
- Group guided trail ride.
- Group Picnic with your packed lunch and fellow Explorer Chicks.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Mountain Bike. (welcomed to bring your own if you prefer)
- Helmet. (encouraged to bring your own helmet if you have it.)
- Hands-on Clinic.
- Instruction and guidance all through the day. – No experience is necessary!
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructors to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their instructors personally.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restroom on site.
- Free Parking.
- Must know how to ride a bike confidently in order to participate.
- Cooler/fridge provided to transfer our packed lunches in.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
We will be meeting in the Laurel Point Field next to the parking lot.
Severe Weather Cancellation Policy:
- If the event is canceled due to severe weather where safety becomes an issue, you will receive a full refund.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Fairfield Inn & Suites or Holiday Inn (Lookout Valley)
Inns with Breakfast
- Water Bottle.
- Must wear Closed-toed shoes.
- Helmet if you have it. One will be provided otherwise.
- Eye Protection.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.