SUP + Sip: Paddle Boarding in Chattanooga
Stand up, then get a little “sideways.” Join Explorer Chick for a “SUP and sip” Mini Adventure day trip! Get ready for some paddle boarding in Chattanooga on beautiful Nickajack Lake, followed by a wine-tasting at a local winery.
Paddle Boarding in Chattanooga on Nickajack Lake
Never tried SUP (stand up paddle board) before, or don’t have one to call your own? No worries! All equipment is provided, as well as optional hands-on training (if you need some instruction or a quick refresher). Once you’re ready, paddle through Nickajack Lake to explore the modern ruins of Hales Bar Dam. Beautiful hillsides draped in Eastern Red Cedars and Virginia Pines are all around, beckoning you to linger on your board just a bit longer. 🌲
Wine Tasting at Look Out Winery
After you’ve “worked for your wine” on the lake, we will head to Look Out Winery. Sample and sip on unique wine blends that perfectly balance the flavors of the winery’s gourmet pizzas (available for purchase, including a gluten-free cauliflower crust). 🍕
No experience necessary for this fully–guided and equipped lake tour. Paddle boarding in Chattanooga with Explorer Chick is great for beginner and intermediate SUPers. If you have your own paddle board, you are welcome to bring it.
- All equipment provided.
- Hands-on training.
- Guided SUP Tour along Nickajack Lake.
- Group Wine Tasting with views overlooking the River.
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All Equipment needed.
- SUP Board and Paddle.
- 3 Hour Guided Tour.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructors to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Instructors personally.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Duration: 3 Hours.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- All equipment provided.
- Max weight is 275 lbs.
- Restroom Available at Winery.
- We will need to leave personal belongings in the car.
- If you would like to keep your things on you, we recommend bringing a dry bag.
- Free Parking.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If you do not hear anything from us about the weather, plan on the event is a GO! The Partners reserves the right to cancel a tour at any time due to severe weather. If canceled, a rescheduled date will be offered. If offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued. If safety becomes an issue due to weather during a tour, it is up to the discretion of the guide to cancel. If it’s over 1 full hour into the tour, it is considered to be complete with no refund and/or reschedule offered. If the cancellation occurs less than 1 hour into the tour, a reschedule date and/or refund will be available.
Local Lodging Recommendations
Lookout Mountain Winery
11848 Highway 41
Guild, TN 37340
- Water Bottle
- Dry Bag (to store your things in)
- Driver License (for the winery because we all know we’re ageless beauties!)
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.