Cincinnati Zoo Africa Slumber Party
Explorer Chick has partnered with the Cincinnati Zoo for an Women-Only Private Safari Slumber Party!
That’s right! You will get to spend an entire evening surrounded by African Wildlife, camping in canvas tents, and enjoying a private behind the scenes tour of the zoo! Yeah, you’ll feel like you’re anywhere but in the city limits!
Your evening starts with drinks and hors-d’oeuvres getting to know all of the other Explorer Chicks! 🍻🍷
Naturally, there will be games during our Social Hour and Special Guests! You’ll meet three stars of the Zoo’s Animal Kingdom who might even show off a trick or two!
Then, it’s off to our own privately guided African Safari starting in the Giraffe exhibit. You’ll enjoy several encounters all while experiencing the zoo behind the scenes. #ZooLife
Heck, you never know who you may see! 🦒 🙊🐅
We’ll finish our evening together around the fire with s’mores and trail mix!
You will be camping out under the stars in shared African Safari Canvas tents equipped with cots.
The morning begins with a continental breakfast with free admission to the zoo for the whole day following!
- Meet and greet with drinks and hors-d’oeuvres
- One on one encounters with the Stars of the Cincinnati Zoo!
- Customized encounters throughout the zoo during the tranquility of the night
- Forget you are still in the city as you escape to your African Safari Huts for the night!
- Continental breakfast with free admission to the zoo the following day
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Badass women!
- 2 Drink tickets (beer or wine) during the meet and greet along with hors-d’oeuvres
- Tents and Cots
- Smores and Trail mix for around the evening fire
- Continental breakfast with free admission to the Zoo
*All specific animal encounters are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals, some may be on exhibit while some are resting indoors.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Please arrive prior to 5:45
- Meet at the Education Building Entrance at 5:45
- If you are delayed en route please call (513) 236-0156
- Women-Only, 21+
- The program will occur in all weather types
- We have alternate sleeping arrangements in case of consistent severe weather
- No outside alcohol is permitted
- No smoking on Zoo grounds is permitted
- Place cell phones on silent
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
3400 Vine St. Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
Phone: (513) 281-4700
- Come already have eaten dinner
- Bring a cooler with extra snacks and drinks you may need
- No outside alcohol is permitted
- Personal Items
- No showers are on premises
- Hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Sleeping gear
- sleeping bag/blanket and pillow
- Cameras are encouraged but no photos allowed during behind-the-scene experiences
- Closed Toe Shoes are required in all Behind-the-Scene areas of the Zoo
- Change of Clothing
- Optional: Cash to tip your guide
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.