Downhill Bike and Brew in Chattanooga
Go all out on an adrenaline-filled downhill bike ride from the top of Lookout Mountain. Start your adventure by chugging to the top in an incline rail car along with your fellow Explorer Chicks. Then roll down the mountain on your bike and finish with an ice-cold adult beverage🍻. Is there any better way to spend the first half of your day? We don’t think so!
Meet your fellow Explorer Chicks in Saint Elmo to ride the Incline Railway🚞. It’s a 72 percent grade to the top of Lookout Mountain. Perched on the sheer bluffs you can take in the breathtaking views down into the Chattanooga Valley before you begin your journey back down. Pose for some glamour shots with the valley as your backdrop before you strap on your helmet.
Downhill Bike Ride
After you exit the station, you will get fitted for your downhill bike adventure. Never mountain biked a trail before? Now worries! You start with a skills session at the top of the mountain to practice all of the bike handling skills you will need to safely descend the mountain🚵♀️. We will ride 7 miles back down with almost no pedaling required on some great wide-open double-track trails to finish back at the Incline Railway.
Cool Off with a Cold Drink
Catch your breath and kick back with a complementary local beer or mixed drink at the Tap House. Cool off from the ride as you chat and unwind with your new adventure besties. The first round is covered, but feel free to stick around for more drinks or to order lunch as you reminisce about the exciting ride you just finished!
- 3 hours of adventure!
- Chug up the mountain on an incline railway.
- Bound down the beginner friendly trail on a mountain bike.
- Expertise of professional guide(s) throughout the event.
- Adult beverage to cool off with after.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Incline railway ticket included.
- All equipment provided.
- Mountain bike.
- Bike lights.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
- May need to pay for parking.
- Adult Beverage at The Tap House after your ride.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Duration: Approximately 3 Hours depending on group dynamics.
- You must be able to ride a bike to participate in this adventure.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- There are restrooms at the top and bottom of Lookout Mountain.
- Minimum Height 4 feet 11 inches to fit available bikes.
- Facial coverings are required on the rail car.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Incline Railway Lower Station
3917 St Elmo Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37409
Severe Weather Cancellation Policy:
- If the event is canceled due to severe weather where safety becomes an issue, you will receive a full refund.
Locally Made Libations
- The Tap House & Empyreal Brewing Company.
- There are a lot of opportunities for camping in the area.
- Chattanooga has a number of highly rated short-term rentals.
- The area has several hotels available.
- Closed toed shoes.
- Clothing you can move freely in.
- good range of motion in your knee area is crucial.
- pants should not be extremely baggy, to prevent fabric getting caught in the chain.
- Layers so that you can add or remove if you get hot or cold.
- 1-liter bike water bottle.
- small day pack for storing removed clothing.
- lip balm with SPF.
- cycling gloves if you prefer to ride with them.
- hair tie for longer hair.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.