Rappelling and Climb in Virginia
Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive, Women-Only Rappelling and Rock Climbing Mini Adventure in Virginia!
Explorer Chicks don’t just limit their outdoor experiences to familiar hiking trails and favorite hammock hanging spots! We know this life is worth LIVING! And nothing quite compares to the experience of making your way down a tall cliff or rock face while depending on the rope, carabiners, and your own inner #Bold strength!
You will start by being shuttled up the Mountainside. Once we get to Massanutten Peak, we will hike to location. We will then have our instructional class and safety briefing on the Mountainside.
While being assisted by your guide, you will experience the thrill of a 38ft and 58ft Rappel all safely harnessed in!
We will take a short break at the Scenic Overlook for beverages and a quick snack before reaching the rock climbing portion.
Come out and find out why Rock Climbing is a MASSIVELY growing sport! Climbing can fight depression, increase motivation, and help deal with problems and challenges in life. And like anything challenging, the rewards of completing a climb fuel a satisfaction in oneself unlike any other! We will have two different Class 5 climbing routes, with difficulty ratings from 5.6-5.8 to match your climbing experience and fitness level.
Professionally trained guides assist you during each activity, so no experience is necessary!
Once the day has come to an end, let the adrenaline calm as you sit back and relax on your scenic chairlift back to the base of the mountain. Keep your eyes peeled for the mountain’s abundant wildlife and you may catch a glimpse of a hawk, groundhog, or sleeping fawn!
If you choose to keep the Adventure going, we will be right by Base Camp prior to the lift down the mountainside. Stay for lunch at Base Camp and join us on the following Down Hill Mountainbiking Adventure! 🤘
- Get a taste of outdoor Rappelling and Rock Climbing surrounded by the natural beauty of Scenic views of the Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Enjoy a Chair-Lift down the Mountainside
- Extended 4-hour lift pass
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Extended 4-hour lift pass
- Rappelling for all skill levels – on average 2 rappels of 33 to 58+ feet
- Rock Climbing for all skill levels- on average two different Class 5 climbing routes, with difficulty ratings from 5.6-5.8
- All equipment is provided including a harness, helmet, climbing devices
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. For optional activities 10-20%. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- The weight limit for climbing and rappels is 250lbs. applies for safety
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior
- Women-Only, 21+
- Wear hiking boots or sneakers.
- No rings, necklaces, or bracelets. All jewelry is discouraged.
- No skirts or loose clothing.
- Shorts mid-thigh or longer or long pants are encouraged.
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
1822 Resort Drive
Massanutten, VA 22840
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.