Charlotte Fishing & Archery + Lunch
Join Explorer Chick for Archery & Fishing to get “hooked” on this unique combination for a new way to get outside. Nature seems to always have that magnetic pull that both soothes and excites the soul. It thrills us with its sights, smells, and sounds. Step away from the routine and into a day filled with SHE-nanigans fuelled by laughter and fun.
Archery for Beginners
Feel the magic as you release your arrow 🏹 for the very first time. Listen for the shaa as it glides through the quiver and soars through the air. This bow-and-arrow sport sharpens the mind and strengthens the body. In particular, zeroing in on small objects like a target requires focused concentration and slow, regulated breathing. Finally, hear the dmp of your arrow as it hits that bullseye followed by the cheers of your fellow Explorer Chicks rooting you on.
Fishing for Beginners
As we head to our second location, take in the views of glistening water and the sounds of the birds in the air. On the fence because you don’t even know how to bait a hook?! No worries! You are NOT alone on this one! 🙋♀️ Learn the art of tying knots, baiting hooks, casting the reel, hooking a fish, and yes—removing said fish from your hook. 💪 All equipment is provided.
Dine at the Greenway Gateway Canteen
Now we’d disappoint your mama if we sent you off hungry, and we can’t have that. So after we spend our morning together working up an appetite, gather with us at the Gateway Canteen for a delicious meal. You will have your choice of entrée made with the freshest ingredients from their seasonally changing menu.🥗 Click here for the menu options for Friday or Saturday. Click here for the Grab-N-Go options for Sunday. There is beer and wine available for purchase.
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out our other Mini Adventures Available in North Carolina.
- Learn new fishing skills such as:
- Identifying the different types of fish and the proper methods used to catch them.
- Tying fishing knots, baiting your hooks, casting the reel.
- Hooking and removing your prized fish.
- Learn how to handle a bow as well as Katniss Everdeen.
- Delicious Entree’ Provided.
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Hands-on training.
- 3 Hour guided workshop.
- Delicious entrée of choice provided.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms Available on-site at arrival and departure. There will be restrooms available just a short walking distance during the event.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Greenway Gateway – Anne Springs Close Greenway Lake Haigler Entrance
NOTE* IF YOU THE ADDRESS IN APPLE MAPS, YOU WILL GET LOST! Use the Google link above.
1604 State Hwy 252, Fort Mill, SC 29715
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event can not take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Water Bottle.
- Bug Spray.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.