Georgia Chimpanzee Sanctuary Experience
Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive and Private Women-Only Georgia Animal Sanctuary Experience!! 🦁
Not only do you get to spend time around these animals, but you also get to help make their life a little better!
Project Chimps is a world-renowned, non-profit animal sanctuary, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Project Chimps is the newest chimpanzee sanctuary in the United States and was founded to provide lifetime exemplary care to more than 200 former research chimpanzees! 🐒
Project Chimps has an agreement with the medical research facility that has the largest population of privately-owned chimpanzees in the world, which allows them to bring the lab’s chimpanzees to permanent sanctuary. 🐻
Your day will kick off learning about the Sanctuary and include an Instructional Safety Briefing.
Then we will split into groups where you will be assigned to multiple areas of the Sanctuary! 👩🌾 You might find yourself preparing chimp diets or general maintenance of the facility. It all depends on what needs to be done the day of your Mini. Hey, we’re here to help!
Halfway through our day, we’ll meet up for a yummy, Plant-Based, catered lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll mix up the groups giving everyone a different experience!
After helping around the sanctuary, we’ll take a walking tour is a moderate hike on a gravel road around the chimpanzee habitat! Don’t worry. The natural habitat and the animals will not be disturbed!
- Make a difference at a non-profit Animal Sanctuary – The newest chimpanzee sanctuary in the United States and was founded to provide lifetime exemplary care to more than 200 former research chimpanzees
- Spend the day helping around the sanctuary providing assistance throughout the facility where needed
- After a full morning of activities, we will have a Delicious Plant-Based Catered Lunch and dine together.
- We will then switch up groups giving everyone a new experience and tasks in the afternoon.
- Walking Tour of the Sanctuary
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Training and Instructions needed for any jobs.
- Plant-Based Catered Lunch
INSTRUCTION: No experience necessary!
*Chimpanzee sightings are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind that this is their home and they may choose to not be
in view during your tour.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Women-Only, 21+
- Closed Toe Shoes Required. No Sandals
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to our Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
2031 Lowery Rd,
Morganton, GA 30560
- Closed toed shoes-Gym shoes or Work Boots. (waterproof preferably if wet weather)
- Long pants made from a sturdy material
- Work gloves
- Rain gear is also important when working outside in wet conditions
- Please keep in mind that with the nature of the work; your clothes and shoes may become dirty or damaged
- Large water bottle
- Sunblock or sunscreen
- Insect repellent and ointment (please avoid ones with a lot of chemicals; they can harm the animals and the environment).
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.