Guided Horse Trail Ride near Charlotte NC
Think about a scene from a movie or book where the heroine effortlessly hops onto a wild horse and rides off into the sunset. Did it leave you on the edge of your seat? Could you too feel the wind in your hair as her steed galloped across the plains? While you’re comfortable daydreaming, the thought of actually riding a horse may seem daunting or out of reach. If that’s the case, join Explorer Chick for a Guided Horse Trail Ride Mini Adventure in Charlotte, NC. Enjoy this half-day trip meandering through beautiful Anne Springs Close Greenway nature preserve, atop a gentle giant. (Hey, baby steps. You can work up to that hair-whipping plains gallop!)
A Guided Horse Trail Ride for Beginners
Start out your day meeting at the Anne Springs Close Greenway horse barn. There, introduce yourself to your new larger-than-life riding buddy. Spend some time with your selected horse and learn how to safely work with his or her unique personality and traits. No need to know how to saddle up your steed. All horses will be properly saddled by the professionals and ready to go! Fortunately (or unfortunately), this means no comic relief watching a too-loose saddle slowly slipping and resting upside-down on your horse’s belly.
Learn basic commands and how to navigate your horse
Our guides will assist in the first lesson of the day: mounting the horse! Left foot in the stirrups, grab that saddle horn, and up and over you go! From your new command view sitting tall and pretty, off into the woods you go! Along the way, learn all the basic verbal commands and how to use your legs to navigate down the trail. Yep! Your horse is listening to your words and can even hear the emotion in your voice. Spend the next two hours exploring the trails from a whole new perspective.
No experience is necessary for this fully-equipped guided horse trail ride near Charlotte, NC. Come join us for a beautiful day of horseback riding at Anne Springs Close Greenway!
- All equipment provided.
- All horse needs.
- Fully Guided and Hands-on Training
- Learn the terminology used.
- Become familiar with the equipment needed.
- Learn basic commands and actions.
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All Equipment provided.
- 2 Hour Guided Horse Trail Ride.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Women-Only, 21+
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs
- Restrooms Available
- Anne Springs Close Greenway membership is NOT needed.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event can not take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
Anne Springs Close Greenway
1058 Horse Road
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
- Water Bottle
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Long Pants! It is not comfortable to ride in shorts.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.