Half-Day Fishing Trip + Picnic Brunch in Charlotte NC
Is something as simple as learning how to bait your own fishing hook on your list to still accomplish? Don’t worry, you’re NOT alone on this one! 🙋♀️ Join Explorer Chick for a Half-Day Fishing Trip & Picnic Brunch Mini Adventure! This fun, women-only trip covers all the fishing basics, leaving you confident in your abilities to catch your own dinner. 🎣 Your friends will be calling you a hooker in no time! (Wait…)
Learn Pond Fishing Basics for Beginners
After a short hike to our secret pond location in beautiful Anne Springs Close Greenway, we will have hands-on training and guidance during this beginner-friendly workshop. Submerge yourself in the sounds of the morning, surrounded by views of the glistening water. As the morning dew dissipates, we will cover everything from the different types of fish to the different methods used to catch them. Learn the art of tying knots, baiting hooks, casting the reel, hooking a fish, and yes—removing said fish from your hook. 💪 All equipment is provided. (However, if you have your own gear you would like to practice with, please feel free to bring it!)
After a full morning perfecting our “jigging” techniques (the act of constantly moving the rod tip to a lure or bait) and getting “slammed” (getting hooked on a fish) at our secret honey hole, enjoy a catered picnic-style brunch. Being served is a breakfast sandwich with egg, bacon, and cheese, accompanied by pancakes and fruit. And of course, magical bean juice ☕ will be available, along with fruit juice.
No experience necessary for this fully-guided and equipped half-day fishing trip! Fish out of one of the finest ponds Charlotte has to offer.
- All equipment provided
- Hands-on training
- New skills learned but not limited to:
- Identifying the different types of fish and the proper methods used to catch them
- Tying fishing knots
- Baiting your hooks
- Casting the reel
- Hooking and removing your prized fish
- Picnic Style Brunch provided
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All Equipment provided.
- Reel and Bait
- 3 Hour Guided Workshop
- Picnic Style Brunch
- Breakfast sandwiches (egg, bacon, cheese)
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Women-Only, 21+
- Restrooms Available on-site at arrival and departure. There will be restrooms available just a short walking distance during the event.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event can not take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
Anne Springs Close Greenway
288 Dairy Barn Lane
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
- Water Bottle
- Bug Spray
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.