Fishing Workshop + Lunch near Charlotte NC
Is something as simple as learning how to bait your own fishing hook on your list to still accomplish? Don’t worry, you’re NOT alone on this one! 🙋♀️ Join Explorer Chick for a Half-Day Fishing Trip & Picnic Brunch Mini Adventure! This fun, women-only trip covers all the fishing basics, leaving you confident in your abilities to catch your own dinner. 🎣 Your friends will be calling you a hooker in no time! (Wait…)
Learn Pond Fishing Basics for Beginners
Enjoy a short hike to our secret pond location in beautiful Anne Springs Close Greenway. Experience hands-on training and guidance during this beginner-friendly workshop. Submerge yourself in the sounds of the morning, surrounded by views of the glistening water. As the morning dew dissipates, we will cover everything from the different types of fish to the different methods used to catch them. Learn the art of tying knots, baiting hooks, casting the reel, hooking a fish, and yes—removing said fish from your hook. 💪 All equipment is provided. (However, if you have your own gear you would like to practice with, please feel free to bring it!)
Dine at the Greenway Gateway Canteen
Finish the day out as we will gather together at the Gateway Canteen for a delicious meal. You will have your choice of entrée made with the freshest ingredients from their seasonally changing menu. Choose from a variety of fresh salads or sandwiches and more! 🥗 There are beer and wine available for purchase.
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out our other Mini Adventures Available in North Carolina.
- Hands-on training.
- New skills learned but not limited to:
- Identifying the different types of fish and the proper methods used to catch them.
- Tying fishing knots.
- Baiting your hooks.
- Casting the reel.
- Hooking and removing your prized fish.
- Delicious Entree’ Provided.
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All Equipment provided.
- Reel and Bait.
- 2 Hour Guided Workshop.
- Delicious Entree’ of choice Provided.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Duration: 2 Hours.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms Available on-site at arrival and departure. There will be restrooms available just a short walking distance during the event.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Greenway Gateway – Anne Springs Close Greenway Lake Haigler Entrance
NOTE* IF YOU THE ADDRESS IN APPLE MAPS, YOU WILL GET LOST! Use the Google link above.
1604 State Hwy 252, Fort Mill, SC 29715
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- You will be notified 2 hours prior to the event start if cancellation is needed.
- This event can not take place during thunder and lightning conditions.
- A delayed start will take place prior to a full cancellation if possible.
- If a delayed start is not an option and the event gets canceled due to severe weather, you will be fully refunded.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Water Bottle
- Bug Spray
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.