Hocking Hills Night Rappelling
Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive, Women-Only Night Flight Rappelling Mini Adventure in Hocking Hills!
You’ll experience a Night Flight Rappel down towering cliffs under the cover of darkness! Hike up at sunset, then embark on 2 different rappels from the top of incredible sandstone cliffs. This adventure will include a night hike that will be over a mile long including up and down hills and between colossal rock formations.
You’ll be greeted at beautiful High Rock House by your Explorer Chick Ambassador. Then your rappelling guide will run through a safety briefing and tour instructions. After gearing up, we’ll head out!
On your way to the rappelling areas, your guide will share interesting tidbits about native plants, trees and the geology that make the Hocking Hills so stunning!
At each rappel, you will have two expert Guides: one top side and one below, to instruct you as you lower yourself down the rock face!
With rappels beginning at 35 ft and up to nearly 100 ft, this tour is a great blend of nature and adrenaline!
No experience?! No worries!! This is a perfect event to get your toes wet and wanting more! Rappelling is less physically demanding than rock climbing, but doesn’t sacrifice any excitement!
- Get a taste of outdoor rappelling surrounded by the natural beauty of Hocking Hills
- You’ll experience up to three different types of rappels
- 35-foot flat wall rappel
- 65-foot breathtaking rock canyon rappel
- Pride Rock a big Overhang rappel is just under 100 feet which allows you to flip upside down toward the bottom for an added thrill!
- NIGHT HIKE that will be over a mile long including up and down hills and between towering rock formations
- Learn about the native plants and geology of Hocking Hills
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Rappelling for all skill levels – on average 3 rappels of 35 to 90+ feet
- All equipment is provided including a harness, helmet, climbing devices
- Instruction – No experience necessary, two expert Guides: one top side and one below will walk you through your rappell and offer tips throughout to make your adventure the best it can be!
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Weight limit for climbing and rappels is 275lbs. applies for safety
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- If you are interested in looking for lodging:
Most of the local Cabin’s is a 2-night min.
For single nights check local hotels
The Holiday Inn Express in Logan or Lancaster both are close
Or the Baymont Inn in Logan
- Print and Sign the High Rock Waiver prior to your arrival
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to our Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
High Rock Adventures
10108 Opossum Hollow Rd
Rockbridge, Ohio 43149
- Closed Toed Shoes with good traction are required!
- Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable. Wear or bring a T-shirt to help protect your shoulders as well. NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
- Water: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle. High Rock will provide a light snack at the end of tour.
- Miscellaneous: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.