Hocking Hills Rock Climbing 101
Explorer Chick has partnered with High Rock Adventures in Beautiful Hocking Hills for an Exclusive, Women-Only Rock Climbing 101 Mini!
No matter if this is your very first climb or you’ve climbed for years, the guides will match your skill level for an amazing climbing experience.
First, you’ll meet at beautiful High Rock House where you will be greeted by our Explorer Chick Ambassador and then your High Rock Guide for a safety briefing and tour instructions. Then we’ll gear up and head out. On your way to the climbing areas, your guide will share interesting tidbits about native plants, trees and the geology that make the Hocking Hills so stunning. At each climb your guide will hook you into the ropes and instruct you on getting started while providing tips along your climbing route.
- Get a taste of outdoor rock climbing surrounded by the natural beauty of Hocking Hills
- Receive hands on instruction from qualified guides who will encourage you and provide beta for each route.
- Average of 3 ascents or attempts for distances of 35-60′
- Learn about the native plants and geology of Hocking Hills
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Badass women!
- Climbing for all skill levels – on average 3 climbs or climb attempts of 35 to 60+ feet, depending on group’s abilities.
- All equipment is provided including a harness, helmet, climbing devices and climbing shoes.
- Instruction – No experience necessary, your climbing guides will walk you through your climb and offer tips throughout to make your adventure the best it can be!
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Harness Size restrictions from 18-43″ waist size applies for safety
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 2-2.5 Hours
- Women-Only, 18+
- We require a minimum of 6 Explorer Chicks
- Print and Sign the High Rock Waiver prior to your arrival
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to our Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
High Rock Adventures
10108 Opossum Hollow Rd
Rockbridge, Ohio 43149
- Closed Toed Shoes are required for the approach. Climbing shoes are provided, guest may use their own climbing shoes if approved by the High Rock Adventures Guide.
- Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable. NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
- Climbing Gear: You may wear your own climbing shoes if approved by our guide. Due to insurance guidelines, you will be required to use our helmets, harnesses, ropes and gear.
- Water: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle. High Rock will provide a light snack at the end of tour.
- Miscellaneous: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.