Indiana Weekend Camp Out with Winery and Zip
Explorer Chick presents an Exclusive, Women-Only Camp Out in Brown County Indiana with a Yoga, Wine and Spirits Tour, Leave No Trace Guided Hiking, Ziplining, and bonfire SHE-nanigans.
Friday, you’ll meet your Explorer Chick Ambassador at check-in and she’ll direct you to our reserved Explorer Chick Base Camp area for you to set up your tent and gear. As everyone is arriving, you are free to take a self-guided hike, or rent a bike from the Main Office. In the evening, we’ll reconvene around our bonfire and get to know one another.
On Saturday morning, you’ll wake up to enjoy a one hour private, outdoor Morning Yoga Class. Afterwards, you’ll have time to freshen up with camp showers before we get picked up for our Guided Winery and Spirits Distillery Tour. 🚐
You’ll be enjoying some of Brown County’s best beverages with a flight or sample included at each stop. From mouthwatering moonshine and delicious craft beer to smooth spirits and fine wine, these locally-produced libations are sure to hit the spot. The first stop will be Chateau Thomas Winery producing 15,000 cases of wine per year! It even has groundbreaking Slender wine – the world’s first naturally-sweetened, carb-free wine. 🍷 Then we will head to Hard Truth Distillery who specializes in locally-made craft brew and spirits. We’ll be sure to take the time to kick back and enjoy their 325-acres of wooded scenery. Next is Bear Wallow who uses only locally-grown grains and creates unique Indiana spirits in an old-fashioned copper pot still.
We will have a picnic style lunch during the afternoon at the local National General Store. It is hard to miss the aroma of fresh baked bread and desserts as you walk in through the old screen door at the Nashville General Store and Bakery! Our last stop will be at the Brown County Winery! Family-owned and operated since 1985!
We will arrive back at base camp for dinner and continued She-Nanigans! 🍕🥗
After dinner, you’ll enjoy a sunset guided Leave No Trace Workshop and hike through the woods. While we enjoy the natural world, our Explorer Chick Guide will educate us on Leave No Trace principles and how to minimize our impact.
On Sunday, we’ll gear up for Ziplining flying 90 feet in the air at 45 miles per hour! We will be using a hands-free, glove-less, guide assisted, zip line braking system. This Zipline adventure has it all, slow zips and fast zips over ravines, sky-bridges, crossing hills, shooting out over the lake, then ending with a rappel down the tower or the ‘Leap of Faith’ option!
Each night you’ll retell stories around a raging bonfire with your newest friends! In your free time (if you can find some!) 🤪, you will have access to over 30 miles of flowing trails, scenic vistas and amazing terrain to explore!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick Base Camp
- Nightly S’mores and Stories around the fire
- Saturday morning Outdoor Yoga Class
- Guided Winery and Distillery Tour with Shuttle
- Saturday picnic style lunch at the National General Store
- Catered Dinner Saturday Evening at Base Camp
- Guided Leave No Trace sunset Hike and Workshop
- Sunday morning Zipline Tour with Sky Bridges
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- 2 nights of camping at the Exclusive Explorer Chick Base Camp site – Hot showers and Flush Toilets within walking distance
- Saturday Private Outdoor Morning Yoga class
- Full Day Shuttled and Guided Winery and Distillery Tour
- Lunch Provided at the local National General Story while on Tour
- Dinner will be catered at Base Camp Saturday evening following the Wine tour
- Saturday Evening Leave No Trace Guided Hike and Workshop
- Sunday late morning Zipline Adventure including all safety gear and equipment, 2-2.5 hours long
- All weekend you will have access to over 30 miles of flowing trails, scenic vistas, and amazing terrain
- Limited Drinks, Snacks, Sandwiches, Ice, and WiFi is available at the Harvest Hall (No Vegetarian options)
- 2 experienced Explorer Chick Leaders ensuring your trip is seamless and unforgettable!
- Small Group experience!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe. We recommend $10-15 for your Winery and Zipline tour.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*If you choose not to do a specific activity, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Check-in Time: Friday 2-9pm EST
- Check-out Time: Sunday 11am
- Weight limit for Zip Lining is 270 lbs
- Duration: Friday – Sunday
- Women-Only, 21+
- No Glass Containers Please!
- Quiet Hours are Midnight – 7 am
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Explore Brown County
2620 Valley Branch Road
Nashville, IN 47448
Because food is at the forefront of all Explorer Chick’s minds!
Included meals: Saturday Lunch & Dinner. Vegetarian diets will be accommodated. For other dietary restrictions, please be prepared to supplement the included meals if needed.
You will be responsible for the rest of your meals. You options are endless!
Pack your food: Yep! We’re camping so pack your camp stove, burner, and cooler to cook your favorite fireside meals. There are no grills at the campsite, so plan accordingly! Ice can be purchased at the Harvest Hall.
Local eateries: There are great local eateries located outside of the camp properties. A local favorite is Story Inn right there in Nashville Indiana.
Fuel for your Adventures: However you intend to satiate your appetite at mealtime, remember to pack snacks and fuel for your adventures! Trail mix, bars, fresh fruit. However you fuel, pack it so you don’t bonk mid-adventure.
Grocery Stores: There are major grocery stores including Walmart in Columbus Indiana.
What in the world do you need to bring, you ask! Here’s a list to get you started!
- Camping gear
- Sleeping bag, pad, and pillow
- Cookware – Stove, pots, plate, utensils
- Yoga Mat
- Day Pack
- Foldable Chair
- Refillable water bottle or hydration pack
- Fuel for your adventures
- Personal clothing
- Hiking boots/Trail shoes/Gym shoes
- Rain gear – jacket, poncho, etc
- Toiletries – Shampoo, soap, bath towel, personal medications, etc
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bug spray
- Cash – Souvenirs, Guide Tips, Food, etc
- Adventure Gear – Mountain Bike, Hiking Shoes, Trekking Poles, etc
- Explorer Chick Gear – Check out our Shop!
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.