Outdoor Rock Climbing near Chattanooga
Anyone else at the tipping point and ready for a mental-health break? 🙋♀️ Rock climbing is a great way to reduce stress. In addition, it helps put the “fun” back in your brain function. 🤓 Due to the picturesque views and challenges that come with getting there, in effect, you’ll lose yourself in the flow of the climb and gain clarity with every grab and hold. You don’t need any climbing experience, and all equipment is provided for you. Just show up with that Explorer Chick attitude and take yourself to new heights! Let us take care of the rest. 🤘🧗♀️
ROCK CLIMBING OUTSIDE OF CHATTANOOGA
This is a beginner-friendly rock climbing event. No gear 🤷♀️, no worries 👍. All gear and equipment needed are provided, including:
- Climbing helmet.
- Belay device.
- Chalk bag.
- Climbing shoes.
If you do have your own gear, bring it! The guides will do a gear check before you depart for your climb to be sure everything is safe and set to go!
You will receive instructions from your guides every step of the way with techniques and tips to enhance your climbing experience 💪.
SANDROCK (Cherokee Rock Village)
Cherokee Rock Village is known as Sandrock by locals and climbing enthusiasts alike. Located along Lookout Mountain in Leesburg, Alabama, the sandstone boulders here are a premier rock climbing destination. Here, you will climb where the climbers do. This area has everything from gently rising boulders with more obvious holds that may be enjoyed by a novice to vertical rocks for the experienced sport climber.
There is a $7 fee for parking in Cherokee Rock Village, so carpooling with friends is a great way to save on cost. After a short walk from the parking area with your guides, you will find yourself where the adventure really begins. Once there, you will feast your eyes upon the walls and boulders in front of you. Take a moment and gaze up the wall at the cracks and textured holds that await you. Then strap on your climbing shoes and cheer on your new friends as you conquer that rock and pose for glamour shots along the way. Don’t forget to take the time to take in the stunning views around you too!
- Full day with 5 hours of Rock Climbing at scenic Cherokee Rock VIllage.
- Climbing expertise of professional Guide(s) throughout the whole day.
- Learn how to tie climbing knots.
- Become proficient with climbing commands and movements.
- Learn the techniques of belaying.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Climbing shoes.
- Climbing harness.
- Necessary belay and rappelling devices and carabiners.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- $7 parking fee per vehicle.
- No weight restrictions.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- We will be meeting at Cherokee Rock Village Park, click this link for directions to the park.
- 2000 County Road 70, Leesburg, AL 35983.
- Meet up at the parking lot between the playground and the pavilion.
- For more information on Cherokee Rock Park, check out the website here.
- Your guides will be from Chattanooga Guided Adventures.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- Primitive camping, dry RV hookups and a heated bath house are all available at the climbing location.
- There are a number of highly rated Airbnb rentals nearby.
- Huntsville International Airport (HSV)
- Closed Toed Shoes with good traction are required!
- Food- This is an active event, bring snacks to keep you fueled!
- Day-pack- to carry extra clothing layers and snacks
- Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable, including comfortable socks.
- Recommended: wear or bring a T-shirt to help protect your shoulders as well.
- NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
- Water: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle.
- Recommended: at least 1 liter.
- Miscellaneous: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.