Kansas City Tree Climbing
Join Explorer Chick high up in the canopy of Kansas City for an Exclusive, Women-Only Tree Climbing Mini Adventure!
Tree climbing is an up and coming adventure sport that uses specialized equipment to climb tall trees. This sport allows climbers to experience the trees and canopy from a unique and rare perspective.
We climb trees to appreciate not only their aesthetics but also to create a connection and better understanding of their significance to us. Not only do they provide oxygen, but trees also play a key role in providing clean air, shade, and beauty! Climbing a tree often leads to a deeper respect for nature. 🏞
Your adventure begins with a meet and greet followed by your ground school session. You will then be fitted with your safety equipment consisting of a tree climbing saddle and a climbing helmet.
After everyone is geared up, your instructors will teach you how to ascend into the tree using specially anchored ropes. We do not climb the tree trunk.
We will be using the same professional equipment that arborists and scientists use as we ascend into our lofty playground. 🌳
After completion of your ground school, you can use the remaining time to practice climbing and exploring the tree. While in the canopy you will learn how trees grow and will be able to observe how all the branches attach to the main stem of the tree.
The view from the top is incredible and provides an escape from the hustle and bustle…and simply a place to breathe a breath of fresh air while in the shade of the tree. At the end of your climb, your instructor will guide you to descend to the ground.
- When you arrive, be ready for the adventure to begin! Your instructors will have all the ropes set and tied.
- Receive instruction on how to move the knots in sequence to ascend and descend.
- You will be fitted with the necessary safety gear.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All safety equipment needed!
- Instruction from knowledgeable staff
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Climbing Saddle (harness) max waist size is 45in.
- No weight limit
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Tree Climbing Kansas City
Stagecoach Park (Olathe Community Center)
1205 East Kansas City Road
Olathe Ks, 66061
- Wear comfortable clothing with hiking shoes
- Secure long hair
- No Jewelry
- Optional: Cash to tip your guide 10-20%
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.