New Jersey Pinelands Kayak Eco-Tour
Kayaking is more than just a fun way to explore our waterways. It keeps us looking ahead and moving forward (literally and figuratively)! The calmness felt floating weightlessly on top of the river as the sun glistens down on the water’s surface. The excitement felt as all the river’s secrets are revealed. The sounds of the paddles gliding through the water and the birds serenading you from the forest. (Yeah, we’re ready to grab a paddle too!) Want to take your own paddling journey? Join us for this half-day kayaking eco-tour through America’s first national reserve, the beautiful Pine Barrens!
Kayaking Eco-Tour on the Batsto River
This is an immersive journey down the Batsto River. As you paddle and drift downstream, you will explore the Batsto River and learn about Pine Barrens history. You will discover its plants and the animals that call it home.
We will begin at Pineland Adventures to meet each other and gather our gear. There we will board a bus to the start of our journey. Our guide will help us to get our kayaks in the water at Quaker Bridge. First time? No worries! This is when our guide will give a quick lesson in how to properly paddle and maneuver your vessel. We’ll make stops along the way to investigate unique plants by the river’s edge and learn ecological facts and features about the area.
We’ll stop at about the halfway point to chow down on the lunches we brought from home or picked up on the way in. Nothing tastes better than the lunch you eat after putting in that hard work! 🥪 Not sure what to pack? Check out these Delicious Lunch Ideas from our blog. Lunchtime gives us a chance to chat with our new kayaking friends, take a dip in the river or just lounge on the shore and soak up that vitamin D. Then it’s back into the boats and back to exploring all that this the beautiful area has to offer. Our trip will end at Batsto Lake where you will hop on the bus back to Pinelands Adventures.
- 6 miles of river kayaking.
- Learn the ecology and geology of the first National Reserve in the United States.
- BYO Group Picnic Style Lunch.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Transportation to and from the river.
- All needed equipment.
- Life vest.
- Instruction if needed-no experience necessary!
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide.
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Tipping your Guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend 10-20% the cost of your adventure.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours, depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in time: 30 minutes prior to start time.
- There is not a meal provided. Pack your favorites to enjoy during the picnic!
- Bring a dry bag to keep lunch and valuables in.
- Women-only, 21+
- This is an active event, please bring snacks and a water bottle accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Restrooms available at the beginning and end of the event.
- Weight restriction: 350 pounds for kayak safety.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You will receive a waiver from our partners at Pineland Adventures closer to your departure date, please take a minute to also complete that digital waiver.
Weather Cancellation Protocols:
- This event will be canceled in the event of dangerous weather or water levels. If we need to cancel due to severe weather or waterway conditions, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
- Both nearby Trenton, NJ and Philadelphia, PA have a ton of hotel options!
- There are several highly rated AirBnB locations to choose from in the area.
- There are several options for camping nearby
1005 Atsion Road
Shamong, NJ 08088
- BYO Lunch.
- Snacks as needed.
- Small dry bag highly recommended to protect your lunch, phone and car keys.
- Sandals/water shoes.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in and don’t mind if it gets wet.
- Brimmed hat or sunglasses.
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Fresh clothes to change into for the drive home!
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.