Kentucky Full Moon Tree Climb and Journaling
This is an extended time package from our original Kentucky Tree Climb. Jam-packed with all the excitement of the regular climb, but under the light of a full moon.
Do you remember climbing trees when you were a kid? The freedom you felt, the exhilaration of being way up high, of seeing things from a new angle and a whole new perspective? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to capture those feelings again? Are you comforted by the sounds of the forest and the scent of the trees? Does the light playing through the leaves and the freshness of the clean air put a smile on your face? Reasons like this are why nature has a way of unwinding and recharging our souls. Of comforting us by melting away our stresses and worries.
As the bright orange sun sets it gives way to the softer light of the moon 🌕. Magically, sunset ignites all the sounds of the night and moonlight bathes the landscape in a soft glow, stimulating all your senses and making this a unique climbing experience. Be in the moment as day slips into night, changing your perspective on the things you see and touch.
Guided Hike + Tree Climbing
We will begin by exploring the backlands of Kentucky with our guides. As we set out, we will venture 1.5 miles deep into the woods. Before long, we will discover our enchanting climbing location. A massive Oak Tree 🌳 will come into sight, beckoning for you to come and explore. There you will get suited up in your harnesses and helmets as you prepare to learn the ropes. Tree climbing is an up-and-coming adventure sport that uses specialized equipment, powered by your strong legs, to climb tall trees. This sport allows climbers to experience the trees and canopy from a unique and rare perspective.
Forest Bathing or “Shinrin-yoku”
After we’ve descended back to earth out of our lofted playgrounds, we will meet on the ground to start the Forest Bathing experience. Shinrin-yoku is not an exercise, and is not traditional hiking. It is simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch. It is really slowing down to take the time to listen to the birds singing and the breeze rustling the leaves. Look at the light as it filters through the shapes and shadows of the trees. Breathe in the fragrance of the forest, taste the freshness of the air. To experience all that nature has to offer, place your hands on the trunk of a tree, dip your fingers or toes in a stream, and even lay on the ground. Drink in all the flavors of the forest.
Then you will receive a journal 📓 to use during your guided journaling and meditation experience.
- Guided 3-mile hike out and back.
- While safely harnessed in, you will be able to challenge yourself to climb to higher heights without the fear of falling!
- You will use the same tools and learn the same tricks arborist have been using for decades.
- Before sunset, receive thorough instruction on how to move the knots in sequence to ascend and descend.
- Ropes vary from 50-60 feet!
- Guided Group Journaling and Meditation.
- Guided Group Forest Bathing or “Shinrin-yoku”.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All safety equipment needed!
- Instruction from knowledgeable staff.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- No weight limit.
- Duration: 3 Hours.
- Women-Only, 21+
- Optional Tree House Lodging available.
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Earthjoy Tree Adventures
3400 Bridgeville Rd
Brooksville Ky, 41044
- Wear comfortable clothing with hiking shoes or hiking boots.
- Secure long hair.
- No Jewelry.
- No Smoking.
- No chewing gum.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.