Maryland Kayak & Winery
Join Explorer Chick for a Private Women-Only Kayak and Winery Tour in Maryland!
We will be beginning our Adventure behind Bird Sanctuary Island. Search the skies for the 1,000’s of waterfowl birds regularly seen in the area such as Blue Herons, Wild Ducks, soaring Red-tail Hawks, American Bald Eagles 🦅 and other birds of prey. You’ll watch birds fly by in a silence that will be cut by the sounds of falling water as you approach three Class II+ rapids and waves.
We will have about 5.5 miles of guided kayaking fun along the Potomac River. After a gradual drop of Knoxville falls, the Potomac settles into an easy flow and your attention turns again to the woodlands in search of birds, wildlife, and the fish that live below.
Once the Kayaking portion has finished, we will head to Big Cork for our Wine Tasting 🍷 and cheese tray. Nestled on 100 rolling acres, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, you’ll feel like you’ve walked into Napa Valley. Inside the elegant 10,000 square foot tasting room with cloud-like ceilings and sleek interior design, you will enjoy all this winery has to offer in BIG style. Not ready for your day to end?! Grab yourself a glass of your new favorite Rose’ and enjoy the simple elegance all around you inside or take it outside onto the wraparound patios. You’re more than welcome to grab a book 📔 and throw down your picnic blanket and enjoy the sunshine and grass on the lawn.
- Guided Kayak Tour launching from Brunswick Family Campground
- 5.5 miles of guided kayaking Class II+ fun along the Potomac River
- Enjoy a complimentary wine tasting and cheese tray
- Make a weekend out of it and campout at Brunswick Family Campground. We have a reserved group area with a great view of the Potomac River!
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- 4-5 Hour Guided Tour
- Life Jacket
- Single kayak rental
- Wine tasting
- Cheese tray
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructor’s to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Instructors personally.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Duration: 4-5 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- Make sure snacks are in a waterproof, compressible bag
- Water to keep you hydrated and ready for adventure
- If interested in camping at Brunswick Family Campground
- You will book this through the Campground
- $14 per night
- Ask for Rennice and say you’re with Explorer Chick for the group spot
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
River & Trail Outfitters
604 Valley Road
Knoxville, MD 21758
- Water Bottle
- Snacks to keep you fueled
- Dry Bag (to store your things in)
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.