Jewelry Making Workshop in Chicago- Necklace
Join Explorer Chick for a Private and Exclusive Women-Only Jewelry Making Workshop in Chicago!
Bet when you think of a metalsmith, you always imagine a big, burly man hammering at horseshoes and other ironwork over a roaring fire! 🔨
Well, luckily that is a blacksmith! We’re going to be learning the art of a Jewelry Making, also known as Metalsmithing! Metalsmithing is typically defined as the art of forming and fabricating metal into jewelry. Metal jewelry making isn’t limited to precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum, but can include a variety of both ferrous metals and nonferrous metals including copper, aluminum, steel, tin, titanium, and brass.
Turn what was once just a little of piece nature into something beautiful with your own hands! You will be taught the techniques that metalsmiths have been using for generations. You will also be using the same tools such as saws, hammers, and torches! 🔥
You will start with raw materials such as sheet metal, wires, and stones. You will transform those materials into something fascinating to the eye. You will be left with a piece that reflects you and as unique as you are!
Your evening will begin with a meet and greet in the jewelry workshop. That is where your Metalsmith will teach you how to use the tools and work the techniques needed. You will learn the basics of texturing metal, soldering, and decorative finishing. You will have 3 hours of a small group hands-on class. Your teacher will guide you to produce a stunning one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry.
In this workshop, you will make a stunning, geometric brass or copper necklace. Hand choose your own fascinating stone for the center. There will be several stones available to choose from. Love the look of Copper but afraid of it oxidizing? No worries! We will be using a seal to protect the metal from tarnish, oxidation, corrosion, salt air, and other damaging elements. If you can’t decide which metal you would like to use, you can change your metal of choice when you arrive. 🤷♀️
In case you needed a reason, this event is also cocktail-friendly! Feel free to bring a bottle of wine to sip or share as you create your new favorite piece of jewelry! Happy Hour Baby! 🍷
- Choose your center stone of choice
- Hands-on training
- Learn the basics learn the basic techniques of sawing metal, soldering, and stone setting.
- You get to walk away that day with a Necklace forged by your very own hands!
- Bring your favorite Adult Beverage or “Nippitaty” to sip or share!
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment and tools needed
- Choose your center stone of choice
- Small Group hands-on training
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- You get to walk away that day with a Necklace forged by your very own hands
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Instructor is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructor’s to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Instructors personally.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- Paid Street parking outside of Store
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
1414 N Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60610
- Secure long hair
- Beverage of choice (will provide non-alcoholic beverages)
- Optional: Cash to tip your instructor 10-20%
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.