Michigan’s UP Frozen Adventure
Discover the thrill of dogsledding, ice climbing, snowshoeing to towering frozen waterfalls, and visiting sparkling ice caves on our Women Only, Small Group Winter Adventure to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Your first 3 days will be spent experiencing winter like never before. You’ll learn to ice climb in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, snowshoe to unforgettable frozen waterfalls, and explore mysterious ice caves. You’ll experience the best outdoor adventures of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula while unwinding each day at a warm and cozy lakeside lodge.
On our final 2 days you’ll pack an overnight bag and meet your own team of sled dogs. After learning about your dogsled team and how to mush, you and your sled dog team will mush 20 miles to an exclusive backcountry yurt and cabin where you’ll spend the night. Your sled dogs are depending on you to feed them, cuddle them, and help them get settled into bed. On our final morning, we’ll mush back to the kennel and say goodbye to our new furry friends and before bidding farewell to our new found friends.
- Mush your own dogsled team to an Explorer Chick Exclusive backcountry cabin and yurt
- Ice Climb and explore Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore as you learn to climb frozen waterfalls and ice columns
- Navigate by snowshoe to frozen waterfalls and through ice caves
- Experience the best of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula while spending your days exploring winter phenomena unique to extreme climates
- Enjoy a private Explorer Chick backcountry cabin and yurt complete with a sauna, backcountry meals and a warm bed
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bad Ass women!
- Two days of Dog Sledding 20 miles each day to and from our backcountry accommodations. Each Explorer Chick will have her own dog sled. You will partake in feeding them, setting up your team, and loving them.
- Full Day Ice climbing in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore with instruction and all technical gear included.
- Guided snowshoe hikes to frozen waterfalls and ice caves.
- 4 days/3 nights in a Hotel on the shores of Lake Superior with lake views, refrigerator, complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, and indoor pool with hot tub. Shared 2 per room.
- 2 days/1 night dog sledding to our Explorer Chick Exclusive Backcountry Cabin and Yurt. Both backcountry cabin and yurt each sleep 6 and are shared “bunk style” accommodation. Please note there is NO Electricity available.
- Meals – From a Welcome Dinner on Day 1 through breakfast on Day 5
- A commemorative Explorer Chick shirt
- Transportation throughout the itinerary
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 9 women
*We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm this trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, travel insurance, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, meals exclusive of itinerary, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking airfare.
Your adventure begins and ends at our Hotel in Munising, MI.
Arrival: Plan to arrive to our hotel in Munising, MI on Day 1 before our 7pm Welcome Dinner. Hotel check-in begins at 3pm.
Departure: We will return to our Munising Hotel after dog sledding around 2pm. If your drive home returns through the Michigan Mitten, you’ll have the option to drive yourself directly to the dog sledding location on Day 4 so as not to backtrack. Plan to then depart from Dog Sledding around 12pm.
Air Travel: You’ll want to fly into Sawyer International Airport (MQT) in Marquette, MI. Your airport transfers to and from our Munising area hotel are NOT included with your package. The estimated drive time from Marquette to Munising is 50 minutes. It is recommended to fly out the day following Day 5 in case of poor road conditions or unforeseen winter complications.
You will receive a Travel Guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the hotel and all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
This winter adventure is rated moderate and focused on a variety of outdoor, winter activities. While we won’t be logging many miles every day, we’ll be outside every day adventuring in the Upper Peninsula elements. You should train your body to be outside for hours at a time bundled up and staying active. To get the most from your Adventure we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails and inclines in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $300 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for Codes and Expirations!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $350 due at booking to secure your spot