Michigan’s UP Guided Kayak Adventure
Kayaking 🚣♀️ is more than just a fun way to explore our waterways. It keeps us looking ahead and moving forward (literally and figuratively)! The calmness felt floating weightlessly on top of the water as the sun glistens down on the shimmering surface. The excitement felt as all the water’s secrets are revealed. The sounds of the paddles gliding through the stream and the birds serenading you from the forest. (Yeah, we’re ready to grab a paddle too!) Want to take your own paddling journey? Join us for this half-day kayak trip down the Menominee River in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula!
Kayak the Menominee River
Take a day and set off on an adventure with other water loving ladies. Start by meeting your new paddle pals and your guides as you check in and get fitted with a lifejacket. Soak up that pre-trip excitement before you hop into the river shuttle and head out. In the shuttle your guide will dazzle you with their kayaking knowledge and answer any and all questions you can throw at them.
After a short drive, you’ll find yourself at the boat launch, right below a dam on the Menominee River. Here we go!
Once on the water, immerse yourself in the journey as you paddle and float 6 miles along the flatwater river. Wind and meander through dense northern forests. Enjoy learning how your boat moves, improving your kayak skills, and taking in the purely Michigan sights. The next few hours will just be you, your new kayak gal pals, your guide, the beauty of a wide calm river and Upper Michigan forests.
When you get to the end of your trip you will take your boats out at right above a set of class 2 rapids called Quiver Falls. Once your guide helps you get your boat out of the water, hop on down to see the falls. Go ahead and embrace your inner mermaid as you swim at the small beach below the rapids.
- Half day of flat-water kayaking.
- Swim in the alpine river!
- Soak it up as you learn about the area ecology and geology.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All needed equipment.
- Life vest.
- Instruction if needed-no experience necessary!
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide.
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
Tipping your guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Free parking on site at the outpost.
- Restrooms and changing rooms available at the outpost.
- Quick shuttle trip to the put-in location.
- Weight restriction of 350 pounds.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You will receive a link to the kayak waiver closer to your event date, please fill it out online so that you can get out on the water as quickly as possible.
True North Outpost
W 5768 Old Piers Gorge Road
Norway, MI 49870.
Weather Cancellation Protocols:
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- There are several highly rated camping and glamping opportunities within driving distance.
- There are a number of highly rated Airbnb rentals nearby.
- Snacks as needed.
- Small dry bag highly recommended to protect your snacks, phone and car keys.
- Sandals/water shoes.
- No flip flops allowed. Sandals must strap around the heel and stay on while in the water.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in and don’t mind if it gets wet.
- Quick dry workout clothing.
- Swimsuits are welcome.
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Brimmed hat or sunglasses.
- Fresh clothes and shoes to change into for the drive home!
- Tip money for your guide.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.