Michigan UP Outdoor Rock Climbing Adventure
You’ve been thinking about it. Getting outside. Feeling that cool rock under your grip. Trusting the security of the harness and the rope. Pushing, pulling and climbing as you move up and over the rough surface. When you are looking for a new challenge, rock climbing always delivers. Whether you’ve never even pulled on a pair of climbing shoes or this is your 100th day up on the wall, your mind and body will be challenged every single time. You can do anything you set your mind to, and a day of rock climbing will prove that to yourself. Just show up with that Explorer Chick attitude and take yourself to new heights! Let us take care of the rest. 🤘🧗♀️
ROCK CLIMBING in the UP
This is a beginner-friendly, full-day rock climbing event with an included lunch. No gear 🤷♀️, no worries 👍. All gear and equipment needed are provided, including:
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing harness
- Climbing and belay equipment
If you do have your own gear, bring it! The guides will do a gear check before you depart for your climb to be sure everything is safe and set to go!
You will receive instructions from your guides every step of the way with techniques and tips to enhance your climbing experience 💪.
The Gorgeous Alpine Forest
Spend the day climbing surrounded by lush forests and towering alpine cliffs. First, you’ll stop in at the outpost to get geared up and meet your newest climbing gal pals. Then, you’ll take the shuttle down beautiful back roads as you wind your way toward your destination. Once parked, you will take a short hike along a shimmering, flowing creek to find the granite rock face you will be climbing. While your guides set up ropes and gear, you will scramble down to the bottom of the rock.
Look up. See the speckles of quartz sparkle in the sunlight as you gaze along the wall at the cracks and textured holds that await you. Your guides will give you some tips and tricks that will have you feeling like a seasoned pro in no time! So, strap on your climbing shoes and cheer on all the other ROCKstars as you conquer that granite and pose for glamour shots along the way. Reach the top of the routes and relax in your harness. Hang out up there, trusting your guides as your gaze takes in views offered by the creek-side canyon that surrounds you.
When you finish climbing, you’ll return to the top of the rock to kick back and relax. Refuel with a provided lunch as you soak up the afternoon sun and the wild alpine forest. Rest your tired arms. Embrace your wild. Explore a little of the beautiful, lush area surrounding you and start daydreaming about your next climbing adventure. You’re going to want more after this!
If time allows, there’s another adventure awaiting you. if your group of now experienced climbers decides it’s time to rest your upper body for good, you can work on those hiker booties! Dust off your bums and join your guides. They will take you through the wildest and most remote high alpine forests the Upper Peninsula has to offer. The trails will reward you with yet another breathtaking view of the surrounding area at the top of the massive cliff face. Go ahead! Take a deep breath of that alpine air! Then, take some incredible pictures of the scenery, yourself and each other to add to your memories of this one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Full-day event with 7 hours of Rock Climbing and exploring in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula.
- Climbing expertise of professional Guide(s) throughout the whole day.
- Learn how to tie climbing knots.
- Become proficient with climbing commands and movements.
- Learn the techniques of belaying.
- Eat a delicious prepared trailside lunch with your newest climbing besties.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All climbing and rappelling equipment provided.
- Climbing shoes.
- Climbing harness.
- Necessary belay and rappelling devices and carabiners.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Tipping your guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximately 7 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Free parking on site at the outpost.
- Restrooms available at the outpost but not at the climbing location.
- 40-minute shuttle trip to the climbing location.
- Weight restriction 300 pounds.
- Rock climbing is a very physical sport that uses both your upper and lower both strength to propel you up the wall. A solid fitness base is recommended for all participants to ensure that you have the best and most confidence building time possible.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You will receive a link to the climbing waiver closer to your event date, please fill it out online so that you can get out on your adventure as quickly as possible.
True North Outpost
W 5768 Old Piers Gorge Road
Norway, MI 49870.
Weather Cancellation Protocols:
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- There are several highly rated camping and glamping opportunities within driving distance.
- There are a number of highly rated Airbnb rentals nearby.
- Recommended 2-3 liters minimum.
- Closed-toed hiking boots or shoes.
- Weather appropriate clothing.
- Pants, capris, or knee-length shorts are recommended for comfort in the harness.
- Rain jacket, if rain is forecasted.
- Clothing should be comfortable and allow for full range of motion.
- Hair ties to keep long hair safe.
- Bug spray.
- Snacks. This is a full-day adventure, bring snacks to keep you fueled before lunch!
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.