North Carolina Coastal SUP Tour
When the weather gets warmer and the days stretch longer, it’s hard to ignore the call of the water. So, why ignore it? Come join us on this guided 2-hour SUP tour on the North Carolina Coast! Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) is a way for you to get into new adventures. Paddle along as you find your serenity, feel strong and capable, and experience a deeper connection with nature and the water that surrounds you. Plus, you’ll look pretty cool balanced up on that board!
Beginner Friendly SUP
Whether this is your first time on the water, or you are a seasoned pro, this is a great Adventure for you. Once fitted with your gear you will be given some pointers (more than some, if you need it). Learn how to stay upright while you paddle and control your board. And if you fall off, who cares? The water is warm, the sun is shining, and getting wet is half the fun! You will be laughing and chatting with your fellow Explorer Chicks, as you gain confidence and prepare to set out on your tour. Then, it’s time to launch our boards. Wrightsville Beach and the surrounding waters are home to thousands of different birds, fish, dolphins and more. You never know what you might see out there, so keep your eyes open! 🌊 Leave your worries on land and let’s glide through the beautiful flat water of the southern North Carolina waterways and the more wavy, pristine Atlantic Ocean.
- Small-group SUP lesson and tour.
- Hands-on instruction.
- Guided paddle through North Carolina coastal waters.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- SUP Board and Paddle.
- Instruction if needed-no experience necessary!
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide.
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
- 2 hours of SUP on the water.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at their discretion as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your guide is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructors to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their guides personally.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours, depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in time: 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Women-only, 21+
- We will need to leave our personal belongings in the car.
- If you would like to keep your things on you, we recommend bringing a dry bag.
- Parking is available on-site.
- Restrooms available at the beginning and end of the event.
- Weight restriction: 300 pounds for SUP safety. If you wish to attend and are over the weight limit, you can participate in the tour using a kayak.
- Important: Come hydrated and having eaten breakfast in order to be well fueled through this active event!
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You will also need to sign a waiver for Wrightsville SUP when you arrive.
- This event will be canceled in the event of dangerous weather or water conditions. If we need to cancel due to severe weather or water conditions, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
Rental homes are abundant in the area; all of them rated extremely well!
Also available are several highly rated camping options.
96 W Salisbury St
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
- Quick dry athletic clothing or swimsuit you are comfortable in.
- Bug Spray.
- Change of dry clothes for after.
- Water Bottle.
- Sunglasses (with a strap).
- Waterproof case with lanyard or way to attach it to your body for your phone if you choose to bring it.
- Dry bag to store your things in.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.