Northern Lights Winter Iceland Adventure
See the Northern Lights in Iceland while embarking on incredible multisport adventures on our Women Only, Small Group Tour in Iceland. The cold winter days won’t keep us indoors! Instead, you’ll go to the world of Fire and Ice to venture out on experiences unique to Iceland’s cold winter temperatures.
Four of your nights will be spent in remote guest houses away from big city lights to increase your chances of catching the dancing green beams. Every night your eyes will be cast to the skies to spot Aurora Borealis.
We’ll make the most of every ounce of daylight. You’ll wander inside an enchanting ice cave with it’s vibrant blue hues. You’ll strap on crampons and grab an ice axe to traverse a glacier and ice climb. You’ll search for seals as you kayak along the sea coast. You’ll soak in a hot springs wearing your favorite beanie at the end of a 45 minute winter hike. You’ll tour the famous sites of the Golden Circle. You’ll re-energize in the soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. You’ll see the iconic sights of Iceland’s south coast including icy waterfalls, black sand beaches, mountains, and glaciers!
- Chase the Northern Lights in Iceland while staying in remote accommodations.
- Explore an enchanting glacial Ice Cave that can only be accessed during the cold winter months.
- Walk and Ice Climb on Sólheimajökull Glacier with all technical gear provided.
- Hike 45 minutes into the wintery wilderness to relax in a natural hot spring.
- Kayak along the scenic coast of Stokkseyri searching for seals.
- Soak in the geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon and soften your skin with a silica face mask.
- Tour the three destinations that comprise the famous Golden Circle – Þingvellir National Park, Geysir, and Gullfoss.
- Enjoy the iconic sights of Iceland’s southern coast including Skógarfoss Waterfall, Dyrhólaey, Glacier Lagoon, and Seljalandsfoss with private transportation.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bad Ass women! – Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour.
- 2 nights Reykjavik Guesthouse (Shared – 2 per Room) – Basic lodging centrally located and within walking distance to pubs, shops, and sites.
- 4 nights Guest House accommodations (2 nights in Selfoss, 2 nights in the Southeast) – Shared – 2 per room. No frills, standard rooms – not hotel rooms. Free Wifi.
- Ice Cave tour with all technical equipment required
- Kayaking tour including water proof gear
- Standard Entrance to Blue Lagoon
- All technical glacier walking and ice climbing equipment including ice axe, crampons, harness, helmet belay devices, and carabiners
- All entrance and parking fees to sites
- Meals from Day 1 Welcome Dinner through Day 7 Breakfast: B – 6, L – 5, D – 6
- Local English speaking guide(s) throughout the full itinerary
- Private Explorer Chick land-transportation throughout itinerary including departure airport transfer only.
- A commemorative Explorer Chick shirt
- One experienced Explorer Chick Leader ensuring your trip is seamless and unforgettable!
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 12 women
*We require a minimum of 5 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm this trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, arrival airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, travel insurance, Explorer Chick Leader Tips, meals exclusive of itinerary, or costs for additional activities.
*A passport that is valid for at least 6 months past your arrival date is required.
We require a minimum of 5 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking your airfare.
Your trip begins and ends in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Arrival: Plan to arrive on Day 1 in Reykjavík, Iceland prior to 6pm. (KEF)
Departure: Plan to depart Reykjavík, Iceland after 1pm on Day 7. (KEF)
Your arrival airport transfer in Reykjavík is NOT included with your package. There are several options for booking your transportation including public shuttle services.
You will receive a travel guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip including our Rendezvous guest house.
Your Northern Lights Winter Iceland Adventure is geared toward viewing the Northern Lights, seeing the south coasts best landmarks, and enjoying the best of what Icelandic winter’s have to offer. Although we rate this trip as easy to moderate, you will still spend quite a bit of time on your feet – including in crampons! We highly recommend training prior to your trip in all conditions to arrive with a base level of fitness. Train how you play!
Please consider your ability to meet the physical demands very seriously. It is for the safety of both you and our group. All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
Save $300 with Early Bird Pricing!
See our Discount page for Codes and Expirations!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $500 due at booking to secure your spot