One-Day Guided Self-Discovery Mini Retreat in Kentucky
It’s so easy to focus so much on everyone and everything going on around us that we forget ourselves and lose who we are to the routine and the daily grind. Are you ready to let go of 2021 (and 2020 too if it’s still hanging on) and start 2022 fresh, energized and ready for new challenges? Let our guides lead you on a day of self-discovery and adventure both inside and out! Start your 2022 off as mentally and physically strong 💪 as possible.
We will begin our self-discovery journey by being gently guided to create our very own “I am” statements. These are deeply personal statements that help to turn around false beliefs that we hold about ourselves. Choosing our “I am” statements will help bring clarity to why we are here. Who are we? What do we want? How can we care for others while also caring for ourselves? Then, once we have chosen our “I am” statements, we will seal the deal by creating a sigil as a reminder of our strength.
The word sigil comes from the Latin word “sigillum”, which means seal. We are not talking about a seal found on plumbing pipes here, but rather like a seal a medieval queen 👑 would attach to a letter in wax. The sigil we each create from our own “I am” statements will be personal and unique to us. Then, we will draw them onto a gem or stone to take home at the end of the day. This physical reminder of what we are capable of will help to push us to make 2022 our year!
At the half-way point, we will share a mid-day meal that fits right in with our wholistic day of recharging and reconnecting 🍲. Included with our retreat we will be provided a meal that is vegetarian, sugar-free, gluten-free and free of processed foods. We will take the time to enjoy our lunch as we simply sit in the farmhouse on the property and BE in the moment. Be with the people around us, hear their stories, maybe even share a story or two ourselves (optional)! We will chat with our newly centered and empowered friends as we discuss what hard things and awesome adventures we know that we can tackle now!
Guided Hike or Tree Climb
As a part of our day of discovery, we will also challenge our bodies to either a guided tree climb or guided hike on the property, depending on the weather and group dynamics.
Hike: Stroll along trails that were lovingly laid out by our guides on today’s journey. We will get our boots on the ground as we hike along rugged terrain of varying difficulty. Reconnect with nature as well as ourselves as we experience some of the over 200 acres this property has to offer 🥾.
Tree Climb: As we set out, we will venture 1.5 miles deep into the woods. Before long, we will discover our enchanting climbing location. A massive Oak Tree 🌳 will come into sight, beckoning for you to come and explore. There you will get suited up in your harnesses and helmets as you prepare to learn the ropes. Tree climbing is an up-and-coming adventure sport that uses specialized equipment, powered by your strong legs, to climb tall trees. This full-body activity allows climbers to experience the trees and canopy from a unique and rare perspective.
- Guided journey of self-discovery.
- Sigil creation on stone to take home with you.
- Healthy lunch provided.
- Minimum of 3-miles guided hiking on rugged terrain.
- If you tree climb, while safely harnessed in, you will be able to challenge yourself to climb to higher heights without the fear of falling!
- Ropes vary from 50-60 feet!
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- Guided self-discovery exercises.
- Healthy lunch.
- Sigil making materials.
- All safety equipment needed for climbing.
- Guided hikes.
- Instruction from knowledgeable staff.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- No weight limit.
- Duration: 4-5 Hours.
- Women-Only, 21+
- Optional Tree House Lodging available.
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- This is an all-weather event. If the event would have to be canceled for unforeseen reasons, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
Earthjoy Tree Adventures
3400 Bridgeville Rd
Brooksville Ky, 41044
- Wear comfortable clothing with hiking shoes or hiking boots.
- Dress in layers to adjust for indoor and outdoor comfort.
- Coat or puffy jacket.
- Hat and gloves for the hike.
- Ties for long hair in the event of climbing.
- No jewelry.
- No smoking.
- No chewing gum.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.