Outdoors Survival Challenge near DC
Ready for some hands-on survival training? Looking to have a great time while learning skills that will boost your hiker confidence? Whether you want to learn a new skill, hone the skills you have or just get outside and have some fun, we’ve put together a Mini Adventure for you!
Alongside experienced instructors, you will take off into the woods for a true wilderness survival experience. This course will help build your outdoors confidence and teach you valuable life saving techniques. Feel safer and more confident on your day hikes and backpacking trips by learning shelter building and water purification, rope skills and self-rescue techniques all while having fun, scavenger-hunt style! You will be nudged outside of your comfort zone as you consider the consequences to actions or inactions during this survival adventure!
To start, you will be gifted a package of items and shown how to use a compass. Then, you will navigate your way through the forest to different stations scattered throughout. Each station includes a challenge to complete. The catch? You will be using only the items gifted at the start and what you can scavenge in the woods. The challenges will lead you to your next stop while teaching you valuable survival skills.
The Adventure Continues
Got a bestie on the fence about coming with you? Bribe her with a little post-challenge pampering and indulgence! The course is nestled on the property of the luxurious Salamander Resort and Spa. Even gritty girls like to be pampered, so schedule a post-adventure manicure or pedicure! The surrounding town of Middleburg also has a lot to offer. Hit up a few cute boutiques for some new clothes and then swing into a local winery for post-adventure drinks!
- Highly skilled Guides.
- No experience is needed!
- All equipment provided.
- Try your hand at multiple survival challenges.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All equipment provided!
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
- Gratuity for your Survival Challenge Guide is included in your ticket price!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: Approximate 2 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+
- This is an active event, please bring snacks accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Restroom available at the start.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- Please also take a moment to sign the digital waiver for Empower Adventures here.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If you do not hear anything from us about the weather, plan on the event is a GO! Delayed starts might take place if necessary. If canceled, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
- Explore Manassas National Battlefield Park and hike some of the more than 40 miles of trails.
- Walk the town of beautiful, Middleburg to do a little shopping or have a bite to eat.
- Get a drink at one of the breweries or distilleries in town.
- Get a mani-pedi or a massage after your afternoon of hiking and survival training.
- There are several great camping options within a short driving distance.
- There are several highly rated AirBnB options as well.
- Your mini adventure takes place on the grounds of the property of the beautiful Salamander Resort and Spa, if you want a weekend of luxury mixed in with your survival challenge.
500 North Pendleton Street
Middleburg, TN 20117
- Bring a small daypack.
- Water (at least 2 quarts recommended)
- This is an active event! Bring a snack or lunch to eat throughout the day to keep you fueled.
- Dress in layers so you can make adjustments as you warm-up and cool down.
- Sturdy athletic shoes or lightweight hiking shoes/boots
- No sandals (including Chacos or Tevas), or FiveFingers shoes.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.