Rock Climbing in Hocking Hills
You’ve been thinking about it. Getting outside. Feeling that cool rock under your grip. Trusting the security of the harness and the rope. Pushing, pulling and climbing as you move up and over the rough surface. When you are looking for a new challenge, rock climbing always delivers. Whether you’ve never even pulled on a pair of climbing shoes or this is your 100th day up on the wall, your mind and body will be challenged every single time. No two climbs are alike, and every route that you send (that’s climber talk for complete) will make you feel superhuman! You can do anything you set your mind to, and a day of rock climbing will prove that to yourself. Just show up with that Explorer Chick attitude and take yourself to new heights! Let us take care of the rest. 🤘🧗♀️
Hiking in Hocking Hills
Once you’re all geared up and ready to climb, we take an over a mile-long hike to the starting location. As we stroll along our hike going up and down hills and between colossal rock formations, we will take time to embrace the nature around us. Your guide will share interesting tidbits about native plants, trees, and the geology that make Hocking Hills so stunning!
Outdoor Rock Climbing
This is a beginner-friendly, half-day rock climbing event. Great for all skill levels, whether it’s your first climb or if you’ve been climbing for years. Experience on average 3 climbs taking you up 35 to 70+ feet, depending on the group. You should be able to pull up your own bodyweight vertically and do it multiple times. You will receive instructions from your guides every step of the way with techniques and tips to enhance your climbing experience. There will be plenty of rest time between the climbs as you cheer on your fellow Explorer Chicks!
No gear 🤷♀️, no worries 👍. All gear and equipment needed are provided, including:
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing harness
We have more exciting adventures here that can be combined with your climbing experience to make the most of your rockin’ trip to Hocking Hills!
- Hocking Hills Rock Scramble & Climb
- Forest Bathing with Edible and Medical Plants in Hocking Hills
- Rappelling in Hocking Hills
There’s also plenty of hiking in the area, so stay and explore if you have time.
- Get a taste of outdoor rock climbing surrounded by the natural beauty of Hocking Hills.
- Experience on average 3 climbs taking you up 35 to 70+ feet!
- Learn about the native plants and geology of Hocking Hills.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Rock Climbing for all skill levels – on average 3 climbs taking you up 35 to 70+ feet!
- All equipment is provided including a harness, helmet, climbing devices.
- Instructions – No experience, no worries! You will receive instructions from your expert Guides for every step grab and hold.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
For all 2022 Hocking Hills events
- Masks are required while inside of the High Rock Main Office where the restrooms are.
- The mask can be removed when you are able to maintain the 6 ft distance. This will help ensure your safety as well as the High Rock staff.
- Weight limit for climbing is 275lbs. applies for safety.
- This is an active event, bring snacks to keep you fueled!
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Please print or screenshot your directions ahead of time. Service can be spotty.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- If you are interested in looking for lodging:
Most of the local Cabins have a 2-night minimum.
For single nights check local hotels
The Holiday Inn Express in Logan or Lancaster both are close
Or the Baymont Inn in Logan
- Print and Sign the High Rock Waiver prior to your arrival
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to our Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
High Rock Adventures
10108 Opossum Hollow Rd
Rockbridge, Ohio 43149
- Closed Toed Shoes with good traction are required!
- Food- This is an active event, bring snacks to keep you fueled!
- Day-pack- to carry extra clothing layers and snacks
- Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable. Wear or bring a T-shirt to help protect your shoulders as well. NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
- Water: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle.
- Miscellaneous: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.