Ski and Snowboarding 101
Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive Women-Only Snow Skiing or Snow Boarding 101!
No worries if you are a total Rookie or if you’re a Seasoned Pro!
You will have Hands-on lessons with your fellow Explorer Chicks before hitting the slopes!
At the end of the Hour lesson, you will have the choice to hit the slopes or use your Second Hour lesson option.
No need to learn alone, come out with local Explorer Chicks wanting to strengthen their ability in one of the most fun winter sports!
If you already know the basics, you have the option for the Advanced Beginner or Intermediate lessons!
This one is truly suited for all! No matter your starting skills, you will leave stronger!
- Arrive with the desire to learn, leave gliding across the snow like a pro!
- You will receive the personalized lessons needed to build the confidence to get out there!
- No fear of being stuck on the back of a Mountian not knowing what to do!
- All Rental Equipment is Provided!
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
You will have the choice at arrival between 3 different Skill Level start points.
Each Lesson is broken down into 2 1-Hour Lessons.
You may choose if you would like to use the second 1-Hour Lesson, or just hit the slopes!
- 2 1-Hour Beginner Lesson Option
- Pathway 1 – Designed for beginner skiers and snowboarders. This would include any participant who had tried the sport before and was unsuccessful in linking turns. The goal of this lesson is for the guest to be able to link turns inside our “teaching area”. This 1-hour lesson may need to be taken more than once.
- Pathway 2 – Designed to take a participant who can link a few turns within our “teaching area” to be able to link turns for the length of the teaching area. Those who are successful will be given instruction on getting on and off the chairlift and will be taken up the beginner slope and brought down as a group. This 1-hour lesson could be taken more than once if additional practice or confidence is needed on a gentle slope.
- 2 1-Hour Advanced or Intermediate Lesson Option
- Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Clinic – This lesson is designed for guests that can negotiate easily through intermediate terrain. It provides an opportunity to learn advanced techniques and tactics in a group atmosphere. These classes are only taught on Green or Blue terrain. This lesson could be taken several times as all advanced techniques and tactics cannot be taught in one session.
- 8 Hour Slope Ticket
- All Rental Equipment
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Check-in Time: at least 1 HOUR PRIOR!
- Duration: 8+ Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- We will meet on the 3rd floor
- There are several dining options inside the Resort (can accommodate different dietary needs)
- Coolers are welcomed with food or beverages on the 3rd Floor Only
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
4620 Massanutten Drive
Massanutten, VA 22840
Temperatures can vary on the mountain quite a bit over the course of a day so you should dress in layers so you can add or remove as needed. NO COTTON!
- Absorbent socks are highly recommended. If you do not have any, wearing two pairs may be somewhat warmer, but can cause your feet to hurt if they bunch up in your boots.
- Insulated gloves or mittens should always be worn, even on warmer days. Do not wear knit gloves as they will get wet very quickly.
- A warm hat that covers your ears will keep you much more comfortable during your time on the mountain.
- A water-resistant jacket with a high collar.
- Water resistant ski pants or snow bibs are the best choices for your lower body.
- Eyewear is very important. Wind and bright sun reflecting off of snow can temporarily blind you to hazards on the slopes. Large rimmed sunglasses are good for sunny day use, goggles are highly recommended for days where it is snowing, raining or very cold and also for nighttime use.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.