Smoky Mountain Backpacking Adventure
Hike through sweet smelling pine forests and across mountain ridges on our 4 day women-only Backpacking Tour in the Smoky Mountain National Park.
You’ll spend 4 days exploring the vast trail system of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park leaving behind the hustle and bustle of day to day life. Depending on our route, you may find yourself trekking along the Appalachian Trail, enjoying 360° views from a fire tower, delicately crossing rivers, splashing in a waterfall, or mindfully taking a moment to bask in a horizon of mountains from a bald ridge. And, let’s not forget that permeating sweet smell of Pine that simply fills your soul with all that is the outdoors. Aaahhhh!
Of course, the best views are earned. Our daily hikes can range from 7-13 miles and 1,500-3,000′ elevation gain per day. This backpacking trip is for our Explorer Chicks who love a good physical challenge while also enjoying some quality time re-wilding and connecting with other adventurous souls.
- Spend 4 days backpacking through dense forests, across balds with stunning views, and along rushing creeks.
- Challenge yourself physically with backpacking ranging from 7-13 miles and 1,500-3,000′ per day depending on our route.
- Disconnect to reconnect! Leave behind the constant contact and use your phone solely for capturing moments.
- Depending on your route trek the Appalachian Trail, cross steams, climb a fire tower, bathe in rivers, and chase waterfalls.
- Simply show up to a fully planned backpacking trip with your gear. We handle the rest!
- 4 Days/3 Nights backpacking – Shared tents and/or group trail shelters. Includes: Two person shared tents, shared group cooking and camp supplies.
- Extensive and challenging hiking ranging from 7-13 miles and 1,500-3,000′ per day depending on our route.
- Meals – From Lunch Day 1 through Lunch Day 4
- Commercial permits and 4 Day Backcountry Fees for the Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Small Group experience! Your Explorer Chick Adventure is exclusive and limited to 6 women
- An Explorer Chick Tank Top
*You will receive a full packing list in your travel guide upon deposit, but for planning purposes mandatory gear includes:
- Sleeping bag
- Backpack 60-75L
- Sleeping Pad
*Your final itinerary will be determined by your Explorer Chick team prior to your arrival based on several factors including shelter and camp site availability and any other factors that are out of our control.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, alcoholic beverages, Explorer Chick Leader tips, or costs for additional activities.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
We require a minimum of 4 Explorer Chicks for this trip. Please confirm your trip is guaranteed before booking your travel.
You will receive an email approximately 3 weeks prior to your departure with our rendezvous location.
Arrival: Plan to arrive on Day 1 in the Smoky Mountain National Park at 8am
Departure: Plan to depart on Day 4 no earlier than 4pm
You will receive a travel guide attached to your booking confirmation with all the information you’ll need to prepare for your epic trip!
We highly recommend training prior to your retreat in all conditions with a pack. You will be responsible for carrying your own gear plus shared gear on your trip. This is backpacking after all! Please be aware hiking distances can range from 7-13 miles and 1,500-3,000′ elevation gain per day. Train with your pack gradually adding weight to it to allow your body to adapt. To get the most from your Adventure we recommend having a solid fitness base with training on the trails and inclines in a variety of weather conditions. Train how you play!
All Explorer Chicks will be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Physical Demands as part of their waiver upon booking.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.
From $999 Regular Price
Save $200 with Early Bird Pricing!
See your trip’s Facebook page for the Discount Code and Expiration!
Non-Refundable Deposit: $200 due at booking to secure your spot