Southern Ohio Trail Building Workshop
Women are the queens 👑 of “work smarter, not harder”. So that makes us perfect for every trail building team!
Learn Trail Building and Trail Maintenance
Roll up your sleeves and put on some gloves, we’re about to get dirty! Say thank you to the breeze and embrace the sweat that is sure to keep you sparkling as we learn how to make and maintain sustainable hiking trails 🐛. You’ll learn all the tools and tricks of the trade and get some real-life trail building experience as you forge though the underbrush and see the trail take shape before your very eyes.
Skills you’ll learn and use:
- Clearing the corridor.
- Removing small trees and roots.
- Benching and improving the foot tread.
- Trail signage and blazing.
- And along the way you’ll learn the theory and science behind construction and trail design practices.
Pack a lunch and bring it along 🥪. We’ll break at the halfway point to rest and recharge. Relax those muscles and enjoy some conversation with your trail sisters as you fuel up on what you’ve either thrown together at home or stopped for on your drive in. (Not sure what to pack? Check out these Delicious Hiking Lunch Ideas from our blog)
That’s right, at the end of this Trail Building Workshop, you will leave with a certificate in hand that tells the world you’re a Certified Level 1 Trail Builder ⚒. So, raise those water bottles or a glass of bubbly in a toast to all of your hard work and celebrate!
Proceeds benefit “Chillicothe Trails”
Chillicothe Trails is a nonprofit organization (501c3) designed to expand, connect, and create high quality trails in Ross County, making it a destination for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, water trails, cycling, and trail running.
- Learn How to Build and Maintain a Hiking Trail.
- Get Certified!
- BYO Group Picnic Style Lunch.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- Full Day (6 hours) Trail Building Experience.
- All needed trail building tools.
- Hand tools.
- Trimmers and Clippers.
- Power tools.
- Saws and Drills.
- Hand tools.
- Instruction from a skilled trail builder-no experience necessary!
- Level One Trail Builder Certification.
- Laughter and support from your fellow Explorer Chicks!
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Start time is 9:00 am EDT.
- There is not a meal provided. Pack your favorites to enjoy during the picnic!
- Duration: 6 hours, depending on group dynamics.
- Women-only, 21+
- This is an active event, please bring snacks and a water bottle accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Parking on-site.
- Restroom with running water available on-site.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols:
- Trail building will still take place in light rain. If the event is canceled due to severe weather where safety becomes an issue, you will receive a full refund.
Local Attractions and Things to Do:
Great Seal State Park– 4 Miles Away
Buzzard’s Roost Nature Preserve– 12 Miles Away
Old Man’s Cave– 38 Miles Away
Explore everything this cute downtown has to offer such as Breweries, Restaurants, Boutiques and more.
Local recommended Brewery- Old Capitol Brewing
Local recommended Winery- Naz Winery
There are many great camping options within a short driving distance.
There are also several highly rated AirBnB options as well.
2467 Rocky Rd
Chillicothe, OH 45601
*** Be advised part of Rocky Road is closed***
Take SR159 (Bridge St) past Adena Medical Center and Kenworth Trucking Company. At the intersection of Delano and SR159, go East on Delano, past Tecumseh Outdoor Theater. Then follow your GPS, you should take a Right on Graves Road then another right on Rocky Road. If you are coming from the Columbus area, you should be ok. If you are coming from US23S or US35, take GPS to Adena Medical Center then change your GPS to Geode, 2467 Rocky Road.
- Closed toed shoes required.
- Work Gloves or Gardening Gloves Strongly Encouraged.
- Day Pack.
- Water bottle.
- Bring your own lunch, extra water and some snacks will be provided.
- Chapstick with SPF.
- Rain Jacket.
- Hair tie for long hair.
- Hat or sunglasses.
- Bug Spray Recommended.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.