Sunset SUP and Dolphin Watch
Explorer Chick has partnered with Charleston SUP Safaris for an exclusive Explorer Chick, Women-Only sunset paddle along the Folly River!
Shortly before dusk, we’ll put in our boards near the mouth of the Folly River. Then it’s up the flat water searching for wildlife, native birds, and dolphins as they settle in for the night. You’ll enjoy a full body work out and crank that core navigating and exploring the waterway.
As that magic hour approaches, we’ll find the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset. Is there anything better than taking a moment to enjoy the close of an adventurous day? We don’t thing so!
Never SUP Boared before? Fantastic! All levels are welcomed including beginners! You’ll be paddling flat water, so it’s the perfect opportunity to learn.
- Paddle into the Sunset for picturesque views!
- Look for Bottle Nose Dolphins swimming along the river
- Experience the tranquility of listening to the day creatures settle in for the night.
- Work your core and full body navigating your board.
- No Experience needed. All experience levels welcomed!
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Badass women!
- All equipment is provided including your SUP Board with Paddle and Life Jacket.
*All animal encounters are not guaranteed. Please keep in mind they are wild animals living freely.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
- Restrooms are available on site for changing
- Keep your belongings in the Office or place in your car on site.
- Water bottles are available for sale
- You will be sized for a properly fitted Jacket and Paddle.
- Duration: 2.5 + Hours
- Women-Only, 18+
- Please print and sign the Charleston SUP Safari Waiver prior to your arrival.
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
83 Center St.
Folly Beach SC 29439
- Flip flops or water shoes (required)
- Change of dry clothes
- Water bottle
- Swim suit
- Optional: Cash to tip your guide 10-20%
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.