SUP Tour in Tennessee River Gorge Chattanooga
Do the demands of everyday life have your mind going in so many directions you can’t even think straight anymore?🙋♀️ Let us give you the friendly reminder that the easiest reset button sometimes is just simply getting outside to play. Come join us on this Guided Half Day or Sunset SUP. Being surrounded by moving water helps create a serenity that grounds you and calms the soul. Truly reconnect with yourself and the ones around you while taking in the breathtaking scenery of the Tennessee River Gorge.
SUP the Grand Canyon of Tennessee
Starting out just far enough away from the city to make you forget about the hustle-bustle you left behind. You will be paddling along the 26-miles of water that is often referred to as the Tennessee Blueway. Surrounding you will be new heart-stopping views that appear around each new bend as you float along the Tennessee River Gorge. The sandstone cliffs of the Cumberland Mountains will keep you in awe. Paddle a little closer to shore and take in the countless species of flora and fauna, and the diverse geological features the area has to offer. In the background will be over 27,000 acres of protected forest lands holding the secrets of both modern and ancient culture. The Blueway is truly a paddler’s delight.
2 Guided SUP Adventures to choose from
Whether this is your first time on the water or you are a seasoned pro, this is a great Adventure for you. Once fitted with gear and given instructions, it’s time to launch our boards down the Blueway for our 4.2-mile downstream paddle. This SUP is perfect for beginner and intermediate paddlers. Get to experience the colors of the mountains and waterways in two different lights. Join us for a Morning SUP leaving the rest of your day open to fill with Adventure. Or end your day with your fellow Explorer Chicks and join us for a beautiful Sunset SUP on the water together.
July 9, 2022
October 29, 2002
August 27, 2022
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out the other Adventures Available in Tennesee!
- All equipment provided.
- Hands-on training.
- Sunset or Morning Guided SUP. Choose one or do both!
- Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only event. Enjoy more fun She-Nanigans with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All Equipment needed.
- SUP Board and Paddle.
- 2.5 Hour Guided Tour.
- Guidance and instructions throughout the whole Adventure.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructors to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Instructors personally.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Duration: 2.5 Hours.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- All equipment provided.
- Max weight is 300 lbs.
- Limited restrooms are available on site.
- We will need to leave our personal belongings in the car.
- If you would like to keep your things on you, we recommend bringing a dry bag.
- Free Parking.
- We will paddle to Sullivan’s Landing and then be shuttled back to Raccoon Mountain to our cars.
- Your order confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If you do not hear anything from us about the weather, plan on the event is a GO! The Partners reserves the right to cancel a tour at any time due to severe weather. If canceled, a rescheduled date will be offered. If offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued. If safety becomes an issue due to weather during a tour, it is up to the discretion of the guide to cancel. If it’s over 1 full hour into the tour, it is considered to be complete with no refund and/or reschedule offered. If the cancellation occurs less than 1 hour into the tour, a reschedule date and/or refund will be available.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Fairfield Inn
- Suites or Holiday Inn (Lookout Valley)
Inns with Breakfast
- Water Bottle.
- Bug Spray.
- Dry Bag. (to store your things in)
- Clothes or Bathing suits you are comfortable to SUP in.
- Flip Flops or water shoes to have on the board.
- Change of dry clothes for after.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.