Tree Climbing + Forest Bathing in Kentucky
Do you find yourself comforted by the sounds of the forest, the scent of the trees? Does the sunlight playing through the leaves, and the freshness felt from the clean air put a smile on your face? Reasons like this are why nature has a way of unwinding and recharging our souls. Comforting us by melting our stress and worry away. In fact, practicing the Japanese art of shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing is good for both your physical and mental well-being. Specifically proven to reduce stress hormone production, improve feelings of happiness and free up creativity, lower heart rate and blood pressure, boost the immune system, and accelerate recovery from illness.
Guided Hike + Tree Climbing
We will start out by exploring the backlands of Kentucky. Vanishing 1.5 miles deep into the woods to discover our enchanting climbing location. Coming into sight will be this massive Oak Tree🌳 beckoning for you to come to explore. Tree climbing is an up-and-coming adventure sport that uses specialized equipment to climb tall trees. This sport allows climbers to experience the trees and canopy from a unique and rare perspective.
Forest Bathing or “Shinrin-yoku”
After we’ve descended back down to earth out of our lofted playgrounds, we will meet around the fire as we start the Forest Bathing experience. Shinrin-yoku is not an exercise, or hiking, or jogging. It is simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. Shinrin-yoku is like a bridge opening our five senses, therefore it bridges the gap between us and the natural world. Let’s take the time to listen to the birds singing and the breeze rustling the leaves. Look at the sunlight as it filters through the different greens of the trees. Breathe in the fragrance of the forest, taste the freshness of the air. Place your hands on the trunk of a tree. Dip your fingers or toes in a stream. Lie on the ground. Thus drinking in all the flavors of the forest.
Series of Forest Bathing Experiences
Bring your beverage of choice and meet your fellow Explorer Chicks around the fire. Then you will receive a journal 📓 to use during your Guided Forest Bathing and meditation experience.
June 24, 2021
Not only does the Strawberry Moon mark the end of Spring and the beginning of Summer, but it is also known for a time of healing and letting go of your workload.
September 18, 2021
Appearing every 29 days, a Waxing Gibbous Moon is known to symbolize the light at the end of a tunnel. Uniquely making you feel the urge to change the direction of your life or a project. Let’s openheartedly welcome that change to come.
- Guided 3-mile hike out and back.
- Use the same tools and taught the same tricks arborist have been using for decades.
- Receive thorough hands-on instructions with all safety gear included.
- Guided Group Journaling and Meditation around the fire with BYOB.
- Guided Group Forest Bathing or “Shinrin-yoku”.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All safety equipment needed!
- Guidance and Instruction for all activities.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- To be able to participate in the event, you are REQUIRED to bring your own face mask!
- You only need to wear when it is not possible to comply with the social distancing of 6 ft. (ie. when the guide is clicking you in/out of your harness)
- The mask can be removed when you are able to maintain the 6 ft distance. This will help ensure your safety as well as the Staff.
- Check-in Time: 15 minutes prior to the start time
- No weight limit
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Women-Only, 21+
- Optional Tree House Lodging available
- If interested in room-sharing or ride-sharing, post on the event page on facebook to communicate with other Explorer Chicks going.
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Earthjoy Tree Adventures
3400 Bridgeville Rd
Brooksville Ky, 41044
- Wear comfortable clothing with hiking shoes.
- Secure long hair.
- No Jewelry.
- No Smoking.
- No chewing gum.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.