Virtual Outdoor Self Defense Class
When you think about hiking alone in the wilderness what is the first feeling that comes to your mind? Fear? Anxiety? Uneasiness? Vulnerability? Well, it’s time to squash those feelings and trade up to a feeling of EMPOWERMENT during our Virtual Outdoor Self Defense Class!
We are teaming up with self-defense expert, Nicole Snell of Girls Fight Back, to offer a 90 minute virtual self defense class covering effective strategies to manage your personal safety outdoors. It will give you the knowledge & confidence to head out on your first solo hiking adventure. While mitigating all those previous anxieties you may have had being a woman… alone in the woods.
Yes, I’m Hiking Solo
In 90 minutes you will acquire new skills regarding awareness, intuition, body language, boundary setting, verbal strategies, and physical skills. Yes that’s right get ready to put your new moves to the test from the comfort of your living room! This interactive, dynamic workshop will leave you feeling more confident to manage safety concerns whether alone or traveling in a group.
Expert Led Q&A Session
Nicole is an experienced solo traveler (25 countries & 6 continents), self-defense expert, and CEO of Girls Fight Back. Which is a personal safety & self defense seminar designed for women and girls! She will be available in person to answer ANY questions you may have about venturing out into the outdoor world for the first time!
Practice, Practice, Practice
This workshop is interactive as you’ll put your new skills to the test. Have plenty of space to test drive your outdoor self defense maneuvers. Get ready to use your voice as you learn empowering vocal strategies. Therefore give a heads up to anyone in the house and let them know you are embarking on a new physical journey. And they shouldn’t get in the way of your powerful practice session! (we promise no partners, pets, or children will be injured during this workshop)
- Learn about managing personal safety, becoming aware of your options, & feeling more empowered wherever the trail (or life) may take you!
- Acquire new skills regarding: awareness, intuition, body language, verbal strategies, & physical skills.
- Get up on your feet and practice your new moves firsthand.
- Enjoy a live, interactive guided virtual experience with a Self Defense Expert.
- Become a more confident woman Explorer Chick from anywhere in the world.
- Fire away your questions during the dedicated Q&A Session.
- 90 minute virtual experience with your own Expert Guide.
- One hour learning session with a dedicated 30 minute Q&A session.
- Small group experience limited to 30 women.
Your Virtual Self Defense Workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Please be sure to download the app or install on your computer ahead of time.
You’ll receive the meeting link ahead of your workshop from Explorer Chick.
Duration: 90 minutes
Location: Anywhere in the world with a Wifi connection.
Workshop Times are in EST (Eastern Time Zone).
- An internet connection and the ability to stream audio and video to participate.
- Pen and paper ~ To take your own notes & jot down any questions.
- A desire to empower yourself by adventuring alone!
- Questions regarding personal safety – or SHE-nanigans, we’ll answer everything!
- Dress comfortably and make sure you have room to move.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.