West Virginia Full-Moon “Via Ferrata” Rock Climbing
Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive, Women-Only Full-Moon Rock Climbing Mini Adventure in West Virginia.
Experience a whole new style of climbing while under the glimmer of a Full Moon! 🌝 This Mini is designed to be the second in a series of Via Ferrata Rock Climbing Minis. Italian for ‘by way of iron’, the Via Ferrata is a permanently installed system of steel rungs and cables. Initially designed and built to transport troops in Italy during World War 1, Via Ferratas have now become a recreational activity for outdoor enthusiasts.
On your short 20 minute hike to location, listen closely as you are surrounded by all the night sounds. Conquer a mile of fixed-anchor, professionally-guided rock climbing. We will be climbing Nelson Rocks, a lesser-known but equally awe-inspiring rock feature. You’ll gain 1,085 feet in elevation, cross a suspension bridge that is 150 feet high and 200 feet long, and reach exposed heights of 280 feet! 🧗♀️
You’ll gear up, and be taught how to use the 2 carabiner lanyard which allows climbers to be clipped into the safety cable at all times. Climbers each receive a safety briefing, instruction, and equipment fitting on the ground before ascending the rock. Then off you go, the higher you climb, the better the views! The double-fin rocks provide a unique combination of physical challenge and overwhelming beauty!
All Via Ferrata climbers will experience heights of approximately 200 feet! The most adventurous climbers can take the extra challenge of completing the Head Wall, an additional 100 feet of vertical climbing. 🤩
You must have previous Via Ferrata experience to join us on this adventure. No experience, No worries! Come out and join us on the other Via Ferrata adventure, then you will be ready to elevate your experience and scale that rock wall under the glisten of the full moon!
- Guidance of 2 highly skilled Guides.
- All equipment is provided.
- Experience elevation gains of 1085 feet!
- Conquer the Suspension bridge that is 150 feet high and 200 feet long!
- Reach exposed heights of 280 feet.
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Climbing harness.
- there are helmets available with GoPro mounts.
- For insurance reasons, you are not able to use your own equipment.
- Instruction from professional Guides.
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. For optional activities 10-20%. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: 3.5-5 hours depending on the group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restroom available at the Welcome Center.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You have 2 Waivers to sign with NRocks. To save time on arrival, please print and sign and bring with you.
141 Nelson Gap Road
Circleville WV 26804
- Bring a small daypack with you on the Via Ferrata – everyone will need their hands free to climb.
- Bring a headlamp.
- Water (at least 2 quarts).
- Camera/GoPro (optional).
- This is an active event! Bring snacks to eat throughout the event to keep you fueled and ready for Adventure!
- Dress in layers so you can make adjustments as you warm up and cool down.
- Do not wear shorts
- Sturdy athletic shoes or lightweight hiking shoes/boots
- No sandals (including Chacos or Tevas), or FiveFingers shoes
- Fingerless bicycle-style gloves (recommended)
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.