WV “Via Ferrata” Rock Climbing
Experience a whole new style of climbing with other adventurous women on this day trip mini adventure. Located in Circleville, WV, “via ferrata” climbing is a cross between rock climbing and scrambling.
Italian for “by way of iron,” the via ferrata is a permanently-installed system of steel rungs and cables. Initially designed and built to transport troops in Italy during WWI, via ferratas have now become a recreational activity for outdoor rock climbing enthusiasts.🧗♀️
Gear and Safety Briefing
After a short 20-minute hike to the location, conquer a mile of fixed-anchor, professionally-guided rock climbing. Gear up and learn how to use the two-carabiner lanyard. This system allows climbers to be clipped into the safety cable at all times. Climbers each receive safety briefing, instruction, and equipment fitting on the ground before ascending the rock.
Via Ferrata and Suspension Bridge
Off you go! The higher you climb, the better the views! The double-fin rocks provide a unique combination of physical challenge and overwhelming beauty! You’ll gain 1,085 feet in elevation, cross a suspension bridge that is 150 feet high and 200 feet long, and reach exposed heights of 280 feet!
Head Wall Challenge
All WV Via Ferrata adventure climbers will experience heights of approximately 200 feet! The most adventurous climbers can take the extra challenge of completing the Head Wall, an additional 100 feet of vertical climbing. 🤩
- Highly skilled Guides
- No experienced needed!
- All equipment provided
- Elevation gain of 1085, Suspension bridge that is 150 feet high and 200 feet long, and reach exposed heights of 280 feet!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided
- Climbing harness
- there are helmets available with GoPro mounts
- For insurance reasons, you are not able to use your own equipment
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do NOT include your airfare, airport transportation, additional alcoholic beverages, or costs for additional activities.
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. For optional activities 10-20%. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
*Explorer Chick reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Duration: 3.5-5 hours depending on group dynamics
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior
- Women-Only, 21+
- This is an Active event, please bring snacks accordingly to keep you fueled!
- Restroom available at Welcome Center
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- You have 2 Waivers to sign with NRocks. To save time on arrival, please print and sign and bring with you.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- If you do not hear anything from us about the weather, plan on the event is a GO! Delayed starts might take place if necessary. If canceled, a rescheduled date will be offered. If the offered date will not work, a full refund will be issued.
Local Lodging is available on site
- Guest Rooms
- Tent Sites
- House Rental
- Charlottesville–Albemarle Airport (CHO)
141 Nelson Gap Road
Circleville WV 26804
- Bring a small daypack with you on the Via Ferrata – everyone will need their hands free to climb.
- Water (at least 2 quarts)
- This is an active event! Bring a snack or lunch to eat throughout the day to keep you fueled
- Dress in layers so you can make adjustments as you warm up and cool down
- Do not wear shorts
- Sturdy athletic shoes or lightweight hiking shoes/boots
- No sandals (including Chacos or Tevas), or FiveFingers shoes
- Fingerless bicycle style gloves (recommended)
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- Easy Doesn’t Change You
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.