Whitewater Rafting on the James River
Explorer Chick has partnered with River City Adventures in Richmond, Virginia for an Exclusive, Women-Only Whitewater Rafting Mini!
The lower section of the James River has the biggest rapids, class I – IV. Have you never gone Whitewater rafting? Perfect! This Explorer Chick Mini is for beginners and the experienced alike!
You’ll be greeted upon arrival by your Explorer Chick Ambassador. Then you’ll turn in your completed waivers, be fitted for gear, listen to a trip safety talk, and be shuttled to the appropriate put-in. The James River is a drop/pool river, meaning rapid/flat water. Water levels and rapids will vary. The water levels determine where we launch.
- Whitewater Raft the Lower James River tackling rapids ranging from Class I-IV.
- All Safety Gear is provided including splash jackets for cooler days.
- Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Badass women!
- Approximately 3 hour trip down the Lower James River in 6 man boats with a an experienced guide.
- A quick stop half way through your adventure with snacks.
- Transportation to and from launch location from River City Adventures.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
*Tipping your Guides is optional and not included in the price of your adventure. Gratuities may be given to one leader—the team divides tips among themselves after the trip. We recommend 10-20%.
Why aren’t Guide gratuities included in the trip price? Allowing Guides to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their Guides personally for their hard work and keeping them safe.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior to departure
- Duration: 3+ Hours
- Women-Only, 18+
- Print and Sign the River City Adventures Waiver prior to your arrival
- Your order Confirmation will include a link to our Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
River City Adventures, LLC
711 Hospital Street, Suite 2A
Richmond, VA 23219
NO COTTON – Cotton retains water and will make you cold.
- Closed toe shoes/sandals – No Flip Flops or Crocs
- Quick Dry Clothing: Polypropylene, Capilene, Under Armor, and Nike Dri-FIT are some excellent choices of synthetic long underwear that is available.
- Warm Layers: Next you’ll want to add a layer of fleece. Fleece is thicker and fluffier than your base layer and will supply insulation and warmth
- Hat/Gloves/Wool Socks
- Optional Neoprene Shoes/Socks: If your feet are warm then your whole body will be warm.
- Splash Tops: Splash Jackets will be provided on cooler days and days in which there is a chance of rain.
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.