Dallas Mountain Bike Trail Ride
Whether you’re new to mountain biking or you’ve been riding for years, there’s always something new to learn and ways to improve your riding technique. 🚵♀️ Join us for this women’s beginner Mountain Bike Trail Ride and feel that extra boost of confidence next time you hit those trails. 💪
Mountain Bike Trail Ride
This is a beginner to intermediate 6-mile mountain bike trail ride. In fact, nearly every foot of this ride will be shaded under the canopy of trees. The shade will help keep us cool and give us a sense of deep remoteness even though we are right outside the city. Starting at the trailhead, we will go over our riding instructions and get that out of the way. Now, who’s ready to get that adrenaline pumping?! 🙋♀️ Keep those legs digging deep as you dominate the dips, dirt mounds and tree gates. Feel the wind on your face as you bound over seven wooden bridges. Soon the flurry of obstacles will be behind you as the terrain opens up giving you the sensation of being on a roller coaster flying down a single track. Unveiling before your eyes is each new tight twist and turn to navigate, you trail riding rockstar, you! 😎 Between the hills that plunge down into creek beds and the wooden obstacles to ride atop, the Harry Moss Trail has become a local favorite.
What will we be learning, you ask?
This Mountain Bike Trail Ride is designed for riders of ALL experience levels and will teach you the foundational skills to improve your confidence and take your riding to the next level.
- The “ready” position.
- Bike/body separation.
- Climbing techniques.
- Descending techniques.
- Braking for control and speed.
- Navigating trail obstacles.
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out our other Mini Adventures Available in Texas.
- Hands-on training.
- Guided trail ride mountain biking.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Mountain Bike.
- Helmet. (You’re welcome to bring your own helmet if you prefer.)
- Hands-on Instructions.
- Instruction and guidance all through the day. – No experience is necessary!
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Must know how to ride a bike confidently in order to participate.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Porta Potty Restroom.
- Free Parking.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Severe Weather Cancellation Policy:
- If the event is canceled due to severe weather where safety becomes an issue, you will receive a full refund.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- Lake Ray Hubbard State Park
- Cedar Hill State Park
- Tawakoni State Park
- Water Bottle.
- Must wear Closed-toed shoes.
- Optional: Glasses of some type are highly recommended. Very light sunglasses are best for the trail. (ie. Amber or Yellow, or Clear) Black or deep grey sunglasses are too dark and obscure your vision.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.