Women’s E-Bike and SUP Tour in Chattanooga
Spark that light back in your soul and let your inner child out. Remember that freeing feeling you felt while riding your bike back in the day? Remember the first time you threw your hands up in the air and yelled, “Look! No hands!” Be that carefree again. Join us as we immerse ourselves in the heart of Downtown Chattanooga on this E-Bike Pedal & Paddle SUP Mini Adventure.
E-Bike tour through Downtown Chattanooga
Never ridden an Electric Bike before? No worries! First, we will start our day with a tutorial on how to operate electric bicycles.🚲 After being fitted for the proper bike and all geared up we will hit the road for an Adventure. Next, we will be riding to some of the spots that the locals love. We will ride across the iconic Walnut Street Bridge. Followed by a ride through the Bluff View Art District. Lastly, finishing up our 7-mile ride along the Tennessee Riverwalk to Chickamauga Dam. After all this riding, you will for sure work up an appetite! We will sit and hang out as a group as we enjoy our packed lunches together before hopping on our SUP boards and hitting the water.
SUP the Tennessee River
Once our bellies are all full again, it is time to embark on a 5-mile downriver paddle on the Tennessee River. First, we will start with basic paddleboard instruction and be properly fitted for our boards. Then we will take off downriver as we paddle back to Coolidge Park where our adventure began hours earlier. This is a great way to explore all that Downtown Chattanooga has to offer while also taking it all in from new vantage points. It isn’t every day we see the city from both bike and board!
This is rated as Beginner to Intermediate due to the amount of active time: energy exertion of 3+ hours total on your electric bike and SUP.
Looking for even more to do in the area? Check out the other Adventures Available in Tennesee!
- Electric Bike 7-miles through all the local favorite hot spots of Downtown Chattanooga.
- SUP 5-miles downstream on the Tennessee River.
- Picnic and enjoy your packed sack lunch with fellow Explorer Chicks.
- Meet other local Explorer Chicks in the area! Woo hoo!
- Exclusive Explorer Chick, small group, women-only Mini Adventure.
- Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
- All equipment provided.
- Electric Bike.
- Helmet. (welcomed and encouraged to bring your own helmet if you have it.)
- SUP Board and Paddle.
- Guided E-bike to local favorite spots.
- Guided SUP down the Tennessee River.
- Instruction – No experience necessary!
*Packages do not include Tips for your Guides. We recommend a tip amount of 10-20% of the value of your adventure. We strongly encourage you to recognize your Guides personally for their hard work and keeping you safe.
Why aren’t gratuities included in the event price? Allowing Guides/Instructors to accept tips is customary in the tour industry and for good reason. Explorer Chicks enjoy the opportunity to recognize their instructors personally.
*Explorer Chick and its partners reserve the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- No Restroom on site.
- May need to pay for Parking.
- We will need to leave our personal belongings in the car.
- If you would like to keep your things on you, we recommend bringing a dry bag.
- Weight limit 300 lbs.
- Must need to know how to ride a bicycle prior. Paddleboard instruction will be provided and is beginner-friendly.
- Cooler/fridge provided to transfer our packed lunches in.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
Meeting at Pedego Electric Bikes
E-Bike ride from Pedego to Hubert Fry Boat Ramp
Paddle from Hubert Fry to Coolidge Park boat ramp where cars are parked.
Severe Weather Cancellation Policy:
- If the event is canceled due to severe weather where safety becomes an issue, you will receive a full refund.
Local Lodging Recommendations
- SpringHill Suites Marriott (on the TN River)
Inns with Breakfast
- Water Bottle.
- Bug Spray.
- Dry Bag. (Optional; to store your things in)
- Clothing you are comfortable to SUP in.
- Quick dry yoga/athletic wear.
- Bathing suits welcome!
- Closed toed shoes for the E-Bike ride.
- Flip Flops or water shoes to have on the board.
- Change of dry clothes for after.
Still not convinced that THIS is the adventure for you?
We’ve rounded up some of our most popular blog posts, so you can get to know us a bit better and learn what really goes down on your Explorer Chick Adventure.
- Remember How it Feels to Play
- You are NOT Alone
- The Power of Explorer Chick
- What Does an Explorer Chick Look Like?
- We are ALL IN
- We Do Dumb Stuff
- The Explorer Chick Purpose
- The Traveler vs. the Tourist
- 6 Benefits to Booking with a Tour Company
You can always reach us by email with more questions! Info@ExplorerChick.com
To protect your travel investment and your hide, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. World Nomads is our trusted travel insurance provider. Receive an no-hassle, online quote in less than 2 minutes.